DeepL plugin is not working in SDL Trados 2021

I have downloaded and installed the DeepL plug-in.

I followed step-by-step the instructions How can I use DeepL Pro in SDL Trados Studio 2019? (cf. https://www.deepl.com/en/pro-tool_integration.html)

At the end of the process, SDL Trados 2021 tells me that the translation provider DeepL Translation Provider does not support any language pairs and I get the following message.

See below

In that message, it advises me to use the Any TM (Add any TM).

When I choose this option, DeepL appears in the TMs but is n/a and the TM does not propose translations for the segments.

In conclusion, how can I make the API work? DeepL is not working for me.

Parents
  • I don't think the languages are the problem here.  Please try these things that seem to affect this for some users in 2021:

• make sure you have the language pairs you need to work with in your default template.  So go to File -> Options and look in here and add the language pairs you work with:

• also set the default language pair you use the most here:

You might have to recreate your project but try this and see if it help?  Either way I think this is related to something that has changed in Trados Studio 2021 in the way languages are handled since we now don't restrict them for any user and in previous versions you had to choose 5 languages at the start.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• Dear Paul, 

I hope you are well. I want to recall the issue posted by Daniel. I have exactly the same issue, but only when choosing the EN>AR language combination. 

I have applied the above provided settings, but in vain. 

Could you please provide any hints on this matter?

I use Trados 2019. I have a DeepL pro subscription. 

Many thanks

khalid  

emoji
  •  

Here's the answer:

Selima Ben Chagra The answer is in the API Docs for DeepL. Here's a direct quote: "[1] Please note that Arabic has not yet been added to the /languages endpoint because it does not yet support document…

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 

emoji
  •  

Here's the answer:

Selima Ben Chagra The answer is in the API Docs for DeepL. Here's a direct quote: "[1] Please note that Arabic has not yet been added to the /languages endpoint because it does not yet support document…

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

emoji
Children
No Data