DeepL Glossary Integration

Hi there,

yesterday, DeepL announced the integration of their glossary feature into their API:

https://www.deepl.com/de/blog/announcing-glossary-support-for-deepl-api

Are there already any plans on how to integrate this in the Studio plugin? As far as I understand the API documentation, the creation/handling of glossaries would be hard to integrate and probably need a seperate app. But could you add something like a field where I can enter a glossary ID that will then be taken into account for the translation?

Will you keep updating the DeepL plugin for Studio 2019?

Kind regards,

Thilo

Parents
  • yesterday, DeepL announced the integration of their glossary feature into their API

Yes, we are aware of this.

Are there already any plans on how to integrate this in the Studio plugin?

Yes.  But it's not prioritised over other things we are currently working on.  But we should get to it within months not years.

As far as I understand the API documentation, the creation/handling of glossaries would be hard to integrate and probably need a seperate app.

From where we sit we don't see the need to have a separate app.  We should be able to display available glossaries and allow the user to select what they need.  We'll also look at any other sensible maintenance tasks we might be able to manage within the app such as adding new terms on the fly for example directly from Trados Studio and also Language Cloud as we need to support this feature there as well.  In fact the challenge in LC is a lot harder so that may not get updated until a bit later than Trados Studio.

Will you keep updating the DeepL plugin for Studio 2019?

No.  But we will continue to opensource the code for the work we deliver which means any developer could, in theory (we may use features in the 2021 API unavailable in 2019), continue to improve 2019 if they wished.

emoji
  • Hi Paul - I am new to this board so my apologies for asking this question again or, rather, going back to it but you had said within months for the integration within the Studio Plugin, have you gotten any closer or are we looking at say, Christmas time? Thanks!

Reply Children