XML reader giving "Could not load file or assembly" error

I have recently installed XML reader plugin in Trados Studio 2021 but whenever we tried to convert an XML file it gives the error message "Could not load file or assembly" as per attached screenshot. I have tried different xml files but they all give the same error. Can you please let me know how we can fix this error? I have contacted Trados Studio support but they directed me to the XML reader app developers. Thanks

emoji
Parents
  • I think the best approach is to remove the plugin completely and reinstall from the integrated appstore. Please close Trados Studio, delete these files/folders:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins\Packages\XML Reader.sdlplugin
    c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins\Unpacked\XML Reader\

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins\Packages\XML Reader.sdlplugin
    c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins\Unpacked\XML Reader\

c:\ProgramData\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins\Packages\XML Reader.sdlplugin
    c:\ProgramData\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins\Unpacked\XML Reader\

Now reinstall by downloading within the integrated AppStore in Trados Studio.

emoji
  • Hi Paul,

Hope you're well.

We just tried the process you suggested and installed XML Reader plugin through the Appstore of a profile but we are not able to see it on user's Trados. Just to let you know that we are installing the plugin on an Azure virtual desktop gold image which is deployed to 4 servers that are created in a host pool which users connect to when signing into the environment. The 4 Servers mirror each other from the gold image, users profiles attach themselves to a server when connected and detach when connected. It'd be great if you let us know how can this plugin be installed in such an environment so its working for all the users. Thanks a lot in advance.

emoji
  • Hi Paul,

Hope you're well.

We just tried the process you suggested and installed XML Reader plugin through the Appstore of a profile but we are not able to see it on user's Trados. Just to let you know that we are installing the plugin on an Azure virtual desktop gold image which is deployed to 4 servers that are created in a host pool which users connect to when signing into the environment. The 4 Servers mirror each other from the gold image, users profiles attach themselves to a server when connected and detach when connected. It'd be great if you let us know how can this plugin be installed in such an environment so its working for all the users. Thanks a lot in advance.

emoji
Children
No Data