Multilingual Excel File Type - Cannot generate multilingual file

Hi, I have a problem. After translated the files, I am not able to generate the multilingual Excel file. I get an "object reference " error for every language and every file:

And this is the error:

<SDLErrorDetails time="04.08.2022 13:59:04">
  <ErrorMessage>Unexpected exception when configuring file multiFileConverter for task 'Generate Multilingual Translations (Excel)': Object reference not set to an instance of an object..</ErrorMessage>
  <Exception>
    <Type>Sdl.ProjectApi.ProjectApiException, Sdl.ProjectApi, Version=17.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888</Type>
    <HelpLink />
    <Source>Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation</Source>
    <HResult>-2146233088</HResult>
    <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.TaskExecution.ContentProcessingTaskImplementation.TaskFileExecuter.ConfigureConverter(IMultiFileConverter multiFileConverter, Language targetLanguage)
   at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.TaskExecution.ContentProcessingTaskImplementation.TaskFileExecuter.CreateMultiFileConverter(IProjectFile tf, String filePath)
   at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.TaskExecution.ContentProcessingTaskImplementation.TaskFileExecuter.Parse(String targetFilePath)]]></StackTrace>
    <InnerException>
      <Type>System.Exception, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
      <HelpLink />
      <Source>Multilingual.Excel.FileType</Source>
      <HResult>-2146233088</HResult>
      <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at Multilingual.Excel.FileType.BatchTasks.ExportBatchTask.ConfigureConverter(ProjectFile projectFile, IMultiFileConverter multiFileConverter)
   at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.TaskExecution.ContentProcessingTaskImplementationAdapter.ConfigureConverter(IExecutingTaskFile executingTaskFile, IMultiFileConverter multiFileConverter)
   at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.TaskExecution.ContentProcessingTaskImplementation.TaskFileExecuter.ConfigureConverter(IMultiFileConverter multiFileConverter, Language targetLanguage)]]></StackTrace>
      <InnerException>
        <Type>System.NullReferenceException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Native.RegEx_1_1</Source>
        <HResult>-2147467261</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Native.RegEx.RegExWriter.IsUnicode(Codepage codepage)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Native.RegEx.RegExWriter.StartOfInput()
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.NativeWriterMessagesProxy.StartOfInput()
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.SubContentGenerator.CallStartOfInput()
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.SubContentGenerator.SetFileProperties(IFileProperties fileInfo)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileGenerator.SetFileProperties(IFileProperties fileInfo)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.SetFileProperties(IFileProperties fileInfo)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi.AbstractBilingualContentProcessor.SetFileProperties(IFileProperties fileInfo)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.SetFileProperties(IFileProperties fileInfo)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.OnEndFileHeader()
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.SdlXliffFeeder.<>c.<HandleFileHeader>b__16_1(ISdlXliffStreamContentHandler handler)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.SdlXliffFeeder.HandleFileHeader()
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.SdlXliffFeeder.ContinueScanning()
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ContinueParsing()
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseNext()
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ParseNext()
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
   at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
   at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.NativeFileGenerator.GenerateFiles(ContentRestriction restriction, Boolean preview, Int32 filePercentBase, Int32 filePercentFactor)
   at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.GenerateTargetTranslation.GenerateTargetTranslationTask.ProcessFile(IExecutingTaskFile executingTaskFile)
   at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.AbstractFileLevelAutomaticTaskImplementation.Execute()]]></StackTrace>
      </InnerException>
    </InnerException>
  </Exception>
  <Environment>
    <ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
    <ProductVersion>Studio17</ProductVersion>
    <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>17.0.1.11652</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
    <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 11 Pro</OperatingSystem>
    <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
    <OperatingSystemLanguage>1040</OperatingSystemLanguage>
    <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
    <LoggedOnUser>ACLOFFICE2020\Angelo</LoggedOnUser>
    <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
    <ComputerName>ACLOFFICE2020</ComputerName>
    <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
    <PhysicalMemory>33257056 MB</PhysicalMemory>
  </Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>

Can somebody help please?

Thank you

Angelo

emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi  

This is my latest update. I realized that some file could be processed with the Multilingual Excel File import, with others I got these errors:

I could not understand why, so I did some trials with the placeholders pattern, deactivating some and activating others (nota bene, the problem was only with the batch for importing the Multilingual Excel File, because conversions of the files into sdlxliff was working like a charm, with all the tags where I wanted to have them).

As a last resort, I used a file where I had collected the content of all the single files in order to ease my work in creating placeholders pattern. And eureka, I managed to get it done: I could run the batch task for importing the multilingual Excel file, pretranslated the files and generated the multilingual Excel.

I tried again with all the files and the problems came back. This is weird, because the exact content of all the single files was put into the collective file. The import batch task worked only with this collective file and not with the single files. If you send me a link or an email where I can send you the files, I will send it to you, so you can look at it and try to figure out what I was doing wrong. 

For my part, now I have one single multilingual file that I can split into the original Excel file and deliver to the client.

Thank you for your support, 

Angelo 

emoji
Children