IATE Real-Time Terminology does not finish loading - update needed

Hi,

The IATE Real-Time Terminology plugin is not working anymore. When searching for a term, it just remains loading (showing the blue Iate screen) and no results show up. I have contacted IATE and they say that the plugin probably needs updating, which needs to be done on Trados end. Could someone please help me with this? We are many who are experiencing the same problem.

Kind regards,

Ida

emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi,

I am using Studio 2021. I tried uninstalling the plugin and reinstall it from the Private AppStore, which made IATE disappear even from the term recognition window (and I got a message saying the termbase was disabled). It was also not visible among the plugins, even though it said it was installed in the Private AppStore. I then uninstalled that plugin and reinstalled the plugin from the browser appstore, and then at least I managed to get the termbase IATE to function again.

My problem, however, is not with the term recognition window; it is with the Search IATE function, that is when you right-click on a word and choose "Search IATE (source and target only)". This is when the window just keeps loading and nothing happens.

emoji
Children