Vertical review crashes Studio if segment contains certain characters

Here’s the source segment causing Studio to crash with Vertical review activated:

Mid-Size/Small (<1,000)

Studio immediately stops responding, and you lose all your work since the last save.

emoji
Parents
  •  

I moved your post to the appstore since I assume you are referring to this one?

https://appstore.rws.com/Plugin/127

I'm not aware of any problems with this one, although it's not one of ours, so I tested quickly with a file containing over 2000 segments, and I messed about with it a little. No problems for me so perhaps this is related to a specific file with some content that the viewer doesn't like?  Special chars, tags, layout etc.  I put a short video here (no sound) so perhaps you can help me, or the developer, to reproduce it?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

That's what happens when you work late and don't read the posts properly!!

I have now, and still no problem.  I think you'll need to provide me with a file, a small one preferably, that you can reproduce this problem with.

Still... good advertising for  .  I can remember when he first built this plugin many years ago... I thought it was pretty cool then, and I still like it today!

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 

emoji
  • Additional information: In review mode, Studio crashes as soon as I place the cursor in segment 401, even with the vertical review window off. In translation mode Studio doesn't crash with the vertical review window off, but it does crash with the window on. I've switched off all other plugins. Only the vertical review plugin is active.

emoji
  •  

Still not a problem I can repro:

Segment 401 with the supposedly dodgy text open in Studio and also with the vertical review on. No problems.

Can you see if you have the same problem with this file?  I anonymised the part in your slide and isolated the problem you reported.

I also removed your previous attachment... this is a public forum and I asked for a small file to repro the problem with.

isolated.zip

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

emoji
  •  

Also, do you get any error messages at all, or Studio just crashes?

What version of Trados Studio are you running?  The full version number please, for example:

Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.9.18688
    MultiTerm 2022 SR2 - 17.2.2.2737

And are you using a Termbase and TM with this project that has, or hasn't, got data related to this segment?

I'm completely guessing here because you can see these sort of problems are never as simple as they seem!

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

emoji
  • As soon as I put the cursor in segment 4 (in review mode), Studio crashes:

emoji
Reply Children