Some segments aren't recognized by my Translation Providers

Some of my segments aren't recognized by the Translation Providers. Usually they include some tags liike shown here:

Here is another example of a segment which is "ignored" by the Translation Providers:

These are my Translation Providers, working fine on other segments:

Is this a bug or can I do something about it?

Many thanks!

Added another screenshot.
[edited by: Jens Olaf Koch at 8:35 AM (GMT 0) on 15 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

You can provide a sample file and the settings to achieve what you have shown.  I spent time trying to mimic what you shave shown but probably could not get what you have:

Screenshot showing segments in the editor with long non-translatable tags.

Everything seems ok for me. So to investigate this further you need to supply something to test with.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Thank you for testing, .

I explored a bit further, and checked whether if the beghavioru is consistent. So I went back to that segment, deleted the translation and waited for the response of the Translation Providers. In my initial posting above in screenshot 2 it stuck at "Searching ...". When revisiting the segment (cursor in empty segment translation) and checking or unchekcing oine of my 4 providers, I get this error: "The end tag </1> does not have a matching tag":

When I leave the segment and reenter it again, it says: "4 matches found" (but doesn't show any):

Only when I play with the combnination of activated providers, I get results. It seems that any combination without DeepL does work. Chanhig the position of DeepL in the list of providers doesn't solve it.

So I guess that the problem lies within the DeepL addon.

Maybe that helps. I can of course send you a stripped down source (HTML that is) file as well, but thought that kind of digging might be helpful as well.

emoji
  • Thank you for testing, .

I explored a bit further, and checked whether if the beghavioru is consistent. So I went back to that segment, deleted the translation and waited for the response of the Translation Providers. In my initial posting above in screenshot 2 it stuck at "Searching ...". When revisiting the segment (cursor in empty segment translation) and checking or unchekcing oine of my 4 providers, I get this error: "The end tag </1> does not have a matching tag":

When I leave the segment and reenter it again, it says: "4 matches found" (but doesn't show any):

Only when I play with the combnination of activated providers, I get results. It seems that any combination without DeepL does work. Chanhig the position of DeepL in the list of providers doesn't solve it.

So I guess that the problem lies within the DeepL addon.

Maybe that helps. I can of course send you a stripped down source (HTML that is) file as well, but thought that kind of digging might be helpful as well.

emoji
Children