Some segments aren't recognized by my Translation Providers

Some of my segments aren't recognized by the Translation Providers. Usually they include some tags liike shown here:

Here is another example of a segment which is "ignored" by the Translation Providers:

These are my Translation Providers, working fine on other segments:

Is this a bug or can I do something about it?

Many thanks!

Added another screenshot.
[edited by: Jens Olaf Koch at 8:35 AM (GMT 0) on 15 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  •  

Can I send the files you asked for by mail?

I only want a very small file that just contains these problematic sentences.  You should be able to do that easily enough, then zip them and attach to here.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

Can't replicate it anymore. I believe that something went wrong during the installation of 6.1.3.2. I remember that after closing Trados I got a message during launch that Trados was still running (had not seen that for quite some while) and then that the plugin was not signed correctly.

I got that message every time I started Trados but ignored that for a while. I only re-installed the plugin later.

Probably I did not check the error again after the complete re-install.

If the problem shows again, I'll make a sample file.

Thanks for your help!

emoji
  •  

Probably I did not check the error again after the complete re-install.

Good to do what you can to check these things when you can see we are spending valuable time from our developers to try and solve an issue that was actually non-existent!

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 

emoji
  •   

The problem was existent. I was talking about checking it again on the latest version 6.1.3.2 after you specifically asked for it.

That Trados hangs after upgrading a plugin, which might have influenced the effect and lead me to believe the problem was still there, is definitely not my own doing. It is one of the many problems of Trados, which always had and still has a tendency to crash and behave erratic in a lot of situations.

I always use the latest versions of all apps, and I got several crashes of Trados (probably) in conjunction with adding to a term base this morning alone.

The difference between your developers and me is that I do it without getting paid for it. I spend my valuable time as well, and I do it volunteering, and try to help you, me and all other users finding and solving bugs and problems. And it is usually really time-consuming.

I'm sorry to say that I feel deeply disrespected by your comment.

emoji
  •  

I have a slightly different take on it.

Over the last four days, just in this thread, this team that doesn't get paid for providing the apps you're using (nor do you pay for them as we provide them free) has tried to understand your issue despite you not providing any files to help reproduce it, and if you were to look at the times you'd see it's after a normal working day, and even over the weekend.

We don't have to provide this level of support to help you with problems you get when working with the apps, but we like to because we do pride ourselves on it and want to help.  So I think it's fair to say we regularly go above and beyond what could be expected.

When I look at this thread, and in particular your last reply, if you had taken the time to make sure of the problem by carrying out some simple actions before you posted again about the issue and even continuing to suggest you would still send me files despite being unable to reproduce the issue then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

You're giving your time to try and make sure that the software you paid for can use plugins you didn't pay for and help you be more productive.  Perfectly reasonable and I would do exactly the same thing.  Hardly volunteering though.  The developers get paid for many strategic objectives we have in our business that you won't even be aware of, but in addition they spend a good deal of their personal time trying to help.  Some of the apps they support were developed and maintained only in their own time!

I would just prefer we all worked towards that aim as a community and when looking for help try to respect everyone's time.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

emoji
  • I wasn't aware that the development of DeepL or other plugins is done for free. I'm not very familiar with the internal workings at RWS, and as a customer, I only see the label "Trados AppStore Team," which doesn't reveal much about the background. Sorry for that, and of course, I'm grateful for your work and respect it.

All I asked for is what you asked for as well: mutual respect.

If you carefully read the thread, you'll see that I did exactly what you requested. I checked for the latest release: I had it. Waited for a new one in the making: I waited. Checked again: I did, and the problem persisted.

Then I detailed why I think that my first attempt to revisit the problem with the latest, newly released version showed that the problem has not been solved.

That a later reinstall of the plugin—not a new version, just the same latest, current version (which I did because of a weird message on startup caused by erratic behavior of Trados during install)—changed that, was not something I was aware of until I tried to replicate it for the sample file you asked for.

I really can't see any point worth complaining about to me here. I don't deal with these kinds of problems (plugin installation) all day, and I genuinely didn't consider a possible connection here. Why would I?

Please don't expect me (and probably some other community members) to be as experienced with "Trados" matters as you are. I can do a lot of testing and try to isolate issues, as I've done with other software for decades. And whenever time permits, I try to do my best to help you with your investigations, or Patrick or Georgina lately, if someone asks me for further assistance.

Before I finally discovered that the problem was resolved, I had only asked you one additional question about how to send the files, and I don't see much time or effort wasted here.

All I can say is, I value your time and assistance (and always have) and that of anyone working on Trados Studio or plugins, etc. I just want to be treated fairly and respectfully, as we all do, and I usually try to treat others.

So, let's do as you suggested (and I agree, of course) and continue working on improving things and respecting each other's time and efforts.

And please, give me the benefit of the doubt, that I usually try to do due diligence before I post. (And, as we are all humans, sometimes I will probably fail at that. :-) )

emoji
  •  

So, let's do as you suggested (and I agree, of course) and continue working on improving things and respecting each other's time and efforts.

And please, give me the benefit of the doubt, that I usually try to do due diligence before I post. (And, as we are all humans, sometimes I will probably fail at that. :-) )

Agreed... and definitely agreed!  We're all, thankfully, human!

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

emoji