• Meet Lucas Tissier, Digital Marketing Assistant for the SDL AppStore

A little bit about you… What is your name? Lucas Tissier What is your job role? Digital Marketing Assistant Which SDL office do you work in? I work at the […] The post Meet Lucas Tissier, Digital Marketing Assistant for the SDL AppStore appeared first... Read the full text.
  • Slicing fruit!

If there’s one thing I firmly believe it’s that I think all translators should learn a little bit of regex, or regular expressions.  In fact it probably wouldn’t hurt anyone to know how to use them a little bit simply because they are so useful for manipulating text, especially when it comes to working in and out of spreadsheets.  When I started to think about this article today I was thinking about how to slice up text…
  • 20 translation tips for 2019 from translators who attended ATA 59

Can you believe it has already been over a week since the brilliant ATA 59 conference in New Orleans? I think we can all agree it was a fantastic event. […] The post 20 translation tips for 2019 from translators who attended ATA 59 appeared first on... Read the full text.
  • Hunspell dictionaries in Studio

When I write these articles I always start with thinking about the image at the top.  I do this for two reasons, the first is because it usually helps me think of some bizarre introduction (like this!) that helps me start writing, and the second is because every now and again I like to play around with Gimp which is the free image software I occassionally use.  It’s always nice to spend a little time doing something frivolous…
  • Bringing you the latest news from ATA 59 in New Orleans

Hello everybody, wherever you might be reading this blog from. If you were unable to make it to ATA 59 this year, don’t worry. Follow this feed for the latest […] The post Bringing you the latest news from ATA 59 in New Orleans appeared first on SDL... Read the full text.
  • 5 things to do in New Orleans during ATA 59

With ATA 59 only a few days away, a lot of you might already be making your way to New Orleans for the conference (the SDL team is on route […] The post 5 things to do in New Orleans during ATA 59 appeared first on SDL Trados Blog . Read the full text.
  • Meet Annaliese Brown, Event Manager

Meet some of our staff from SDL’s many office locations around the world and pick up some top tips along the way. A little bit about you… What is your […] The post Meet Annaliese Brown, Event Manager appeared first on SDL Trados Blog . Read the full text.
  • The latest updates from LocWorld 38 in Seattle

We’re coming to you from Seattle. If you were unable to make it to LocWorld38, don’t worry as we’ve got you covered. Follow this feed for the latest updates from […] The post The latest updates from LocWorld 38 in Seattle appeared first on SDL Trados... Read the full text.
  • 4 exciting new features in SDL Trados Studio 2019

In July 2018, we launched the latest version of SDL Trados Studio, with a focus on user experience. But why focus on user experience for this release? In our research […] The post 4 exciting new features in SDL Trados Studio 2019  appeared first on... Read the full text.
  • Happy International Translation Day 2018

Language may be about 200,000 years old, but International Translation Day is still a relative newcomer in the calendar of world events. Originally set up in 1953 by the International […] The post Happy International Translation Day 2018 appeared first... Read the full text.
  • #myfirsttranslation is back: 5 translators share their first translation …

Last year we posted a blog for International Translation Day, showcasing 12 translators telling us about their first ever translation. This blog was so popular we thought it was only right that […] The post #myfirsttranslation is back: 5 translators... Read the full text.
  • Meet Camille Avila, Product Marketing Executive

Meet some of our staff from SDL’s many office locations around the world and pick up some top tips along the way. A little bit about you… What is your […] The post Meet Camille Avila, Product Marketing Executive appeared first on SDL Trados Blog . Read the full text.
  • Top 3 reasons to attend the 2018 SDL Trados Roadshow

Hot on the heels of the exciting SDL Trados Studio 2019 launch in July, the SDL Trados Roadshow is returning this autumn to 17 cities across Europe and North America. So […] The post Top 3 reasons to attend the 2018 SDL Trados Roadshow appeared first... Read the full text.
  • The translation blockchain?

There are people who believe that the original intention of the internet during its inception in the 1980’s was to put the power of information in the hands of its users.  In fact the last three or four decades has seen the return of the wild wild west with the internet, e-mail, mobile technology, social media, online shopping, big data, cloud computing and now the internet of things.  All of this has been accessible…
  • Meet Ana-Loredana, Customer Experience Team Leader

Meet some of our staff from SDL’s many office locations around the world and pick up some top tips along the way. A little bit about you… What is your […] The post Meet Ana-Loredana, Customer Experience Team Leader appeared first on SDL Trados Blog... Read the full text.
  • Studio 2019… is it worth it?

Every time a new release of SDL Trados Studio is released there are usually a flurry of blogs and videos explaining what’s in them, some are really useful and full of details that will help a user decide whether the upgrade is for them or not, and others are written without any real understanding of what’s in the software or why the upgrade will help.  That’s really par for the course and always to be expected since everyone…
  • XLIFF 2.x… the translator’s panacea?

In the last year or so many articles have been written about XLIFF 2.0 explaining what’s so great about it, so I’m not going to write another one of those.  I’m in awe of the knowledge and effort the technical standard committees display in delivering the comprehensive documentation they do, working hard to deliver a solution to meet the needs of as many groups as possible.  The very existence of a standard however does…
  • Upgrading apps in the SDLAppstore…

Studio 2019 has arrived and it brings with it some nice features on the surface, and some important improvements under the hood… but it also brings with it a lot more upgrades than just Studio, and I don’t just mean MultiTerm!  The SDL AppStore is one of the unique benefits you get when you work on the SDL technology stack and there are hundreds of apps available that can provide additional resources, custom filetypes…
  • SDL Trados Studio 2019 has arrived

Former Member
    Former Member  

I am thrilled to announce the release of SDL Trados Studio 2019, which hits the market on my 12th anniversary at SDL – almost to the day. Writing this blog […]

The post SDL Trados Studio 2019 has arrived appeared first on SDL Language Translation & Content Management Blog.

• Meet Ed Flower, Marketing Manager at SDL for Freelance Translators

A little bit about you… What is your name? Ed Flower What is your job role? Marketing Manager, focusing on freelance translators. Which SDL office do you work in? Maidenhead […] The post Meet Ed Flower, Marketing Manager at SDL for Freelance Translators... Read the full text.
  • The World Cup of SDL Trados Studio Features

With World Cup fever sweeping across the globe, we decided to have some fun and run our very own ‘World Cup of SDL Trados Studio Features’ to find out what […] The post The World Cup of SDL Trados Studio Features appeared first on SDL Trados Blog . Read the full text.
  • It’s all about the money!

It could be said that translators come into the industry for the love of language, and the creative nature of the work, writing beautiful translations that at least do justice to the original texts.  It might even be true for many… but let’s face it, very few people can afford to do this for a full career without thinking about the money!  So it’s all the more surprising to me that translation vendors don’t provide a…
  • Too many language variants!

Is English (Europe) the new language on the other side of the Channel that we’ll all have to learn if Brexit actually happens… will Microsoft ever create a spellchecker for it now they added it to Windows 10?  Why are there 94 different variants of English in Studio coming from the Microsoft operating system and only two Microsoft Word English spellcheckers?  Why don’t we have English (Scouse), English (Geordie) or English…
  • Data Protection…

There’s always been the occasional question appearing on the forums about data protection, particularly in relation to the use of machine translation, but as of the 25th May 2018 this topic has a more serious implication for anyone dealing with data in Europe.  I’ve no intention of making this post about the GDPR regulations which come into force in May 2016 and now apply, you’ll have plenty of informed resources for…