Trouble Exporting translated Excel files. I get a .sdlxliff file instead of a .xlsx file. How can I solve this?

Hello,

I have been trying for quite some time to solve this issue (my SDL Trados version is SDL Trados Studio 2019 Professional).

I created a project including a Word document and an Excel document. Once translation was completed, I proceeded to export the files and the Excel document was missing. I then tried again, and it uploaded as a PDF that could not be opened. I change the "Open with" to Excel and again nothing. I was able to open it with Word and Notes, to try to export it, and that also didn't work.

On Trados, I went to "Project Settings" and this is what I see :

SDL Trados Studio Project Settings window showing a list of file types and their corresponding extensions and filter IDs.

It seems to me like the Excel version (2021 Version 2205) that I have is included? Because when I click on "New", these are all the options.

A pop-up window titled 'Select Type' with a list of file formats including Simple Delimited Text, HTML, and XML options.

Sometimes I also get this Error message:

Error message in SDL Trados Studio stating 'Filter definition 'Excel 2007 v.2.0.0.0' not found or could not be used to construct a generator.'

I also translated this file as a single file and I had the same issue.

How can I make Trados export my Excel file as an Excel file and not a .sdlxliff file ?

Please help. Thanks,

Marian

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 7:10 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji