"Nothing found, no search performed"

When translating, I get the message "Nothing found, no search performed" (I have a foreign language SDL 2021 SR2).

I assume the reason for this is that have several (collective) SDLTMs (in different folders under C:) plus various SDLXLIFFs.

The mess is due to "help" by a colleague when SDL crashed and she created "workarounds".

I'd like to get "hits" from my SDLTMs and SDLXLIFFs again. How can I merge at least the collective SDLTMs, if possible also some of the SDLXLIFFS, into a single SDLTM.

emoji
Parents
  • Hi  

Oh dear. Before you do serious database administration work have you checked the following:

• Your project language pairs match what the TM supports, including region?
    • Under project settings, is the TM listed AND enabled including lookup?
    • Under Search, is your minimum match value set at a responsible percentage (aka less than 100)

• If you find a word/phrase that you believe should be in the TM, can you search for it directly in the TM via the Translation Memory Maintenance View to prove the TM's are out of date / or not?

Example

If you are certain you wish to update / merge TM's for a list of "un managed" resources then follow these steps:

1. When you are in the Translation Memory Maintenance view, open/create what you will deem your master TM.
    2. Right click and you will find import options.

Several formats are supported when it comes to importing, including the sdlxliff files 

In order to import other sdlTM databases directly in your "master" follow this article: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000009798

I hope this helps

Lyds

emoji
  • Hi  

Oh dear. Before you do serious database administration work have you checked the following:

• Your project language pairs match what the TM supports, including region?
    • Under project settings, is the TM listed AND enabled including lookup?
    • Under Search, is your minimum match value set at a responsible percentage (aka less than 100)

• If you find a word/phrase that you believe should be in the TM, can you search for it directly in the TM via the Translation Memory Maintenance View to prove the TM's are out of date / or not?

Example

If you are certain you wish to update / merge TM's for a list of "un managed" resources then follow these steps:

1. When you are in the Translation Memory Maintenance view, open/create what you will deem your master TM.
    2. Right click and you will find import options.

Several formats are supported when it comes to importing, including the sdlxliff files 

In order to import other sdlTM databases directly in your "master" follow this article: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000009798

I hope this helps

Lyds

emoji
Children
No Data