Fields not displaying for TB in Studio

Hello,

I've done some editing to the field hierarchy in a termbase and now whatever I do I cannot get my hitlist settings to display the fields in the term recognition window.

Trados Studio term recognition window with greyed out root headings in the hitlist settings, indicating a possible selection issue.

How are my settings here? The window on the right is the result of clicking "select all". I'm curious about why the font color is grey for the root headings and why they aren't selected. Also, if I manually select them, and reopen the window, they appear deselected.

Trados Studio term recognition window displaying two terms, 'AC fan' with no visible errors or warnings.

Here are my field settings in glossary converter. It's the newest version of the plug-in. I've never had this problem before but I have changed around a couple fields to become entry level rather than term level. Can't see how it would cause a problem though.

Trados Studio glossary converter field settings showing fields set to entry level and term level with Japanese content.

From MultiTerm it seems like all the fields were extracted properly from my excel spreadsheet.

Trados Studio MultiTerm window displaying extracted fields from an Excel spreadsheet with highlighted term 'AC fan' and no visible errors.

Based on the above pictures, can anyone see any problems?

If necessary, I can attach files but I would prefer not to.

Thank you.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 1:09 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Keenan

I've seen this happen before with Termbases.
    My suggestions:

1. First try to run a reorganization. Also, remove all Termbases from the project > Close Studio > Reopen Studio and set the Termbases again.

2. If the first hint doesn't work, I suggest recreating the Termbases from scratch

* Also, as a side note, perhaps make all the fields into English if possible, this might help the issue.

• Do you have multiple termbases in your list ? If so try making sure the one you are trying to display is the default perhaps?
    I tried to repro and whilst I do get the greyed out headings as you showed in your first screenshot and also get the values displayed in the term recognition window.
    Perhaps, if you can, it would be worth extracting one or two terms only as a new termbase and share that so we can test your termbase definition?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• Paul, Jesse,

Thank for both of your suggestions. It's fixed. The fix came from a mix of your explanations. 

The problem was that for whatever reason the "Field Selection" window with the checkboxes was showing a different termbase despite that termbase being removed from the settings. Specifically, I made the project initially with termbase "C事_用語ベース" but then noticed some issues with the fields so I renamed the glossary to "C事_用語ベース2" and made the new TB. I removed the "C事_用語ベース" from the project settings and just used "C事_用語ベース2" but there's (perhaps) some sort of lag/delay in the refresh of the "Field Selection" settings. I noticed this while doing another project that had "C事_用語ベース" which I removed and changed with "P事_用語ベース" and then was really confused to only see the field settings for "C事_用語ベース" show up despite that TB not being present in the project. But removing, restarting, and reapplying reset the field setting window and showed the proper TB. 

In fact, I've recreated this problem right now. I know how to fix it of course now that I know where to look.

Here are the project settings showing that the only open TB is "C事_用語ベース2".

Trados Studio project settings window showing only 'C _ 2' termbase is open.

Yet when I check the field selection settings, mysteriously "P事_用語ベース" shows up. Understandably, no fields are in view. Just source and target term.

Field selection settings window incorrectly displaying 'P _ ' instead of 'C _ 2'.

Now I've removed C事_用語ベース2, restarted studio, reopened that project, re-added "C事_用語ベース2", checked the hitlist settings, and now it properly shows up in the "field selection" window. All the fields show up.
    Field selection settings window correctly displaying 'C _ 2' after restarting Trados Studio.

Is this a bug? Should I report this? Or is this just how it is? 

Thank you.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 1:09 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hi Keenan

Great you found the problem.
    It's definitely a bug, my guess is when you switch termbases you have a file open in the editor the whole time?
    I have seen a similar bug when you switch between files in the editor that are from different projects and the termbase does not switch