Bug with input models? Mandatory fields get added to previously created term records

I am using Trados Studio 2022 Professional SR1.
I am having problems with the input models in Multiterm Desktop. If I create an input model because I want to automatically add the same Field/Value to a series of term records I want to create, two things happen:

1. In order for that Field/Value to be automatically added when I create a new record after activating the Input model, it needs to be defined as Mandatory:  

Input Model Wizard showing 'Context' field with default content 'Reunion Mundial' and 'Mandatory' checkbox selected.

However, the problem with that is that, if mandatory, that Field/Value is not only added to the new records I am creating, but to all previously created records, both in Multiterm Desktop and in the Studio Multiterm interface (Termbase Viewer). This is quite disconcerting. See image of term record previously created before I activated the input model (first) and then what happens to that already existing record when I activate the new input model (second) with a mandatory Field/value.

Termbase Viewer in Trados Studio without 'Context' field before activating the input model.

Termbase Viewer in Trados Studio showing 'Context: Reunion Mundial' added to an existing term record after activating the input model.
2. In I don´t make that Field/Value Mandatory in the Input model, then when I create a term record after activating the input model, that Field/Value is not added automatically, so there is no much point in creating the input model to save time.

MultiTerm Desktop interface with a note explaining the need to uncheck 'Mandatory' to avoid adding 'Context' to all records.

MultiTerm Desktop interface showing 'Context: Reunion Mundial' added to a new term record with 'Mandatory' checked.

Is this a bug or normal behavior? Am I missing something?
As I understand it, an input model should not modify in any way previously created records (or show an added Field/Value even if it´s not saved in the record), but only apply to newly created records after activating said input model.
Thanks.  

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 7:40 PM (GMT 1) on 1 May 2024]
emoji