Trouble defining a termbase

Hi everybody,

I'm a newbie with Multiterm 2024. I've been creating a terminology database (with trial and error), which have the following structure: 

Screenshot of MultiTerm 2024 showing the entry structure with Entry level at the top, followed by Language level, and Term level with various subfields for French and English terms.

I have added the Image fields today. So I wanted to start populating the Image fields. In the Terms tab, I select a term, then click on "Add Field", and I am presented with the choice to only add a new English or French term:

Screenshot of MultiTerm 2024 interface with an entry for '3-Wick Candles' showing options to add a term in English or French, with a dropdown menu for adding fields visible.

If I click on an existing term, I can edit the term, and that's it, I do not have the option to add a "subfield"

I have tried adding a term, and then selecting a subfield, but I get an error message probably because the term field is empty. 

Error message in MultiTerm 2024 stating 'ENTRY NOT SAVED! All mandatory items have to be completed French (Canada) > TERM > Terme francais.'

I have also tried to add the images in the Termbase Viewer tab of Studio, and It only accepts text entries, even though the Image field has been defined as a multimedia file.

So now, I don't know what else to try.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, while I have a shred of sanity left?

Thanks in advance.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 5:39 PM (GMT 1) on 16 Sep 2024]
emoji