Google Sheets - losing formatting and functions

Does anyone have a solution for supporting Google Docs and Google Sheets?  I have done a few simple tests and the conversion from Docs and Sheets to Docx or (.ods) and Excel are disappointing. In Excel, I lose much of the functionality when uploading back into Google. 

Is there any way to go directly into the Google platform and diectly translate other then Google translate?

Thanks,

Ron

Parents
  • There actually isn't a solution for this, and I don't think you'll find one anywhere.  You cannot physically download these files to work on them.  So an equivalent to Word would download as a *.gdoc which only contains a url back to the Google Doc on Google drive.  To get a physical file you need to download as a DOCX, or XLSX for example.

We do have connectors in our Customer Portal for Trados Live Team and above to GoogleDrive, but we don't connect directly to the document itself, only to the Drive repository where they are stored.  We then convert them to MS Office formats for translation and convert them back to native format via the connector upload.

It might be possible to use the Google REST API to interact with the file in Google Drive, and so probably better as an integration to Trados Live for example.  But as of now this solution doesn't exist, nor is it planned in the near future.  I don't know how much this would be used, or what the ROI would be, but the effort would be significant.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• There actually isn't a solution for this, and I don't think you'll find one anywhere.  You cannot physically download these files to work on them.  So an equivalent to Word would download as a *.gdoc which only contains a url back to the Google Doc on Google drive.  To get a physical file you need to download as a DOCX, or XLSX for example.

We do have connectors in our Customer Portal for Trados Live Team and above to GoogleDrive, but we don't connect directly to the document itself, only to the Drive repository where they are stored.  We then convert them to MS Office formats for translation and convert them back to native format via the connector upload.

It might be possible to use the Google REST API to interact with the file in Google Drive, and so probably better as an integration to Trados Live for example.  But as of now this solution doesn't exist, nor is it planned in the near future.  I don't know how much this would be used, or what the ROI would be, but the effort would be significant.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Children
No Data