Is it possible to use and train NMT with only your own TMs locally?

Hi,

I know and use Language Weaver, but is it possible to get some NMT engine trained with your own TMs which is NOT hosted in a cloud but which you can install and use locally or on your own servers and which does not share data with some remote servers/company?

Does anyone have experience with such services? What are the costs for this?

Best regards,

Pascal

emoji
  •  

I just need get some support with more automatic output in order to translate even faster than now until I manage to get my own MT programming refined a bit more (but I lack time to program it :( ). That should then settle many problems in the MT industry for all languages anyway (even those of NMT) and be far more flexible with new texts and languages with lower translation references even for rare languages like Luxembourgish, Islandic and the like.

I'm looking forward to this revolutionary development.  It sounds as though you should make time to finish it!

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • I don’t say they are bad for all languages but for Luxembourgish they definitely are. ;) I like Language Weaver quite well for German as reference for translations as the results are not that bad since NMT.

The problem with training is that I would need a fresh model for that language and according to Tommi Nieminen this is not really possible so I have to work with German as target language. With this restriction, I don’t know how much sense training with Luxembourgish TMs and thus mixing languages makes sense.

Br,

Pascal

emoji
  • The problem is I lack funding and time right now. Funding is already more or less on its way with a planned project in collaboration with University of Vienna but for this I need to set up some basic programing (well quite complex as some things need to be invented (or brought to code from inside of my head) to pass a proof of concept for which I lack time as I need to concentrate on translating to make my living and feed my family. :(

According to the researchers from the university, even if my presented model would only work to 80% it would still lead to some new breakthroughs with AI in other fields than linguistics.

Br,

Pascal

emoji