The untranslated segments after “excluding first occurences” and “pre-translate files”

The untranslated segments after “excluding first occurences” and “pre-translate files”

Sometime, I still find some untranslated segments after “excluding first occurences” and “pre-translate files”.

My precedure is like this:

Phase 1, open for translation for the sdlxliff files;

Phase 2, filter with “excluding first occurences” and lock all the segments, which means all the locked segments are repetive with all the unlocked segments;

Phase 3, translate all the unlocked segments and update the project translation memory;

Phase 4, unlock all the above mentioned “locked segments:

Phase 5, use the above project translation memory to pre-translate all the “ locked segments” that have just been unlocked.

But, sometimes, I still find some segments can not be translated in the whole process. These segments might have numbers or date or some other element.

In practical translation management, translation work is divided into several stages. In phase 3, the translation team has finished translation. The file will move to phase 4 and phase 5, but the person who deals with phase 4 and phase 5 might not know the language and the person just use trados and translation memory to pre-tranlate the file; if the person find the untranslated segments, the person might need to call his international transaltion team to come back and translate again, whici is not convenient and is not efficient.

In some language, the translation can not be finished merely by replacing different number.

For example:

source language:15.23 (use dot), target language 15,23 (use comma)

1 year, if we can the number, 2 years. (plural form)

Some time the time and date in the target language should be in speicific form, not just replacing the numbers.

Is there a solution for the problem? Or could you make  “excluding first occurences” of trados with an option that the user can also exclude first occurences based on all the content in the segment including number, capital letters and all the elements.

The aim is that the user can translate all the segments in phase 5,

emoji