Project template functionality in SDL Managed Translation

Dear Community,

I am often asked by customers if it is possible to define project templates in ManTra to save time when creating new projects that follow a similar profile to one created previously. I would like to request feedback on a couple of approaches as to how we might implement this functionality.

Option 1

When creating a new project, a user would have the option of pre-selecting all of the fields based on a recent project. For example, we might present a list of the previous 6 projects created by that user. If one of those projects matches the details of the new project a user wants to create, they could choose to pre-populate the Create a Project page based on that previous project.

Option 2

At the point a user creates a project, we would give them the option of storing the project fields as a 'template' and specifying a name. We might allow up to 6 templates per user, for example. When creating a new project, a user could then select one of their project templates from a picklist, in order to have the Create a Project page populated based on the values stored in that template.

I'd appreciate feedback from the Community on both of these options, or perhaps someone has an alternative approach we might consider?

Cheers,

Ian