Responsible for archiving jobs. The plugin runs and checks if it is time to begin archiving based on the date the last archive was performed and the archive frequency settings in SDLTMS.
Archiving process summary:
- The list of eligible jobs are gathered for archiving.
- The contents of the job folder is copied to the archive location.
- The Job XML file is created and further XML files for each of the tasks. These files contain the necessary information from the live job in the database such as segment changes and comments, costing information, task events history and other general information that may be useful at a later time. These files are added to the folder in the archive location.
- This archive folder is zipped up for efficient storage.
- The live records are deleted from the database (the data is now stored in the archived zip file).
- A record is added to the TMS database for the archived job and task - this is used as an index for searching for archived jobs and for searching for perfect match candidates.
Note: SDLTMS does keep a record of all the tasks and jobs within the invoicing tables. This is to keep an accurate store of the current and historical financial data for reporting, this information is never removed from the database.
This process isn't process heavy but does access network resources and database resources and so if you are interested in making your system run as efficiently as possible and concerned about any usage that can be avoided then it is beneficial to tailor your archiver settings to suit your usage.