Wantin to placeholder protect '\n' in JSON file

Hello, 

As the above says I'm looking to protect '\n' as a placeholder in WS (currently version 11.6.2.163)

I have a JSON like this: 

{
	"abc123": {
		"entry": {

"title5": "Maximum\nBonus Level\nReached!",
			"title6": "It's been a great month! \nYou're at",
			"title9": "{{#}} Leads",
		}
	}
}

When I put it through a WS JSON Filetype Filter which just excludes certain nodes I don't want to be translated and also passes on Embedded Content to a Plain Text Filter with the below filter configuration: 

Trados Studio settings page showing Document structure with opening and closing pattern fields and a Multiline checkbox checked.

Trados Studio settings page for Inline tags with a complex regex pattern entered in the Opening pattern field.

Literal Regex for ease of testing etc: \s*\n|\s*\\n|\s*\\\\n|\s*\x0A|\s*\r\n|\s*\\r\\n|\t|\\t|\u00A0|(?:\\)?\{.*?\}(?:\\)?\}?|<.*?>

With the regex above what currently happens when I open up the above file in WS is this: 

Trados Studio Browser Workbench displaying segmented text from a JSON file with placeholders for newline characters.

As you can see the string "Maximum\nBonus Level\mReached!" has been segmetned on each "\n" but I want to be able to protect each "\n" as an inline placeholder so that that string comes out as "Maximum{1}Bonus Level{2}Reached!" 

Is this at all possible?

Many thanks, 
Julius

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 10:23 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]