Project termbases and match scoring

Hello everyone,

How are terminology match scores generated and where can the threshold for extracting matches to a project termbase be adjusted. For example, the world Menü in the source segment is reported as a match with a score of 53% for the term "Patienten Einsichten und Engagement". i think we can all agree that this is somewhat perplexing and not at all useful as a project termbase entry.

Using the project termbase in Studio does not display a match, so that is no problem. But how do I stop such poor quality matches from being extracted and put into the project termbase in the first place?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing a terminology match score of 53% for the term 'Patienten Einsichten und Engagement' with the source word 'Men '.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 3:48 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hi Dave, can you please try to increase the default "Minimum score for Segment Leverage" of 50% in the "MultiTerm Terminology Database" section of Tools/Personal Preferences and see if you can still see that TD entry? Please let me know if it helps.

If that does not help, please file a support case providing the source file and an export of the relevant term from the TD. I am also interested in testing the scenario in Studio and understand why the TD match displays in Browser Workbench but not in Studio after export and which setting controls that.

• Hi Caterzina,

Thanks for pointing me toward that setting! I've gotten so used to things being in various configuration files that a simple personal setting never entered my mind! After I bumped the match rate up to 75, I got more reasonable terms in Browser Workbench, although I found another illogical match: The German word Beispiel also matches PIE as above, showing as a 62% match. To me, 3 of 8 characters is 37.5%...

I will open a support ticket and send you an export package that was created with the match level set at 50%. Many of the terms extracted and matches shown in Browser Workbench do not show up as hits in Studio's term window, even if I lower the minimum match level to 30.

• Hi Caterzina,

Thanks for pointing me toward that setting! I've gotten so used to things being in various configuration files that a simple personal setting never entered my mind! After I bumped the match rate up to 75, I got more reasonable terms in Browser Workbench, although I found another illogical match: The German word Beispiel also matches PIE as above, showing as a 62% match. To me, 3 of 8 characters is 37.5%...

I will open a support ticket and send you an export package that was created with the match level set at 50%. Many of the terms extracted and matches shown in Browser Workbench do not show up as hits in Studio's term window, even if I lower the minimum match level to 30.

Children