How do you pass a parameter to the DITA-OT based on the output format?

I would like to create two output formats -- both pointing to the same transtype / DITA-OT plugin, but each output format will send a different property value to the DITA-OT plugin. Where would I configure a given output format to send a specific property / parameter to the DITA-OT?

Parents
  • Hey Mark,

Depending on the version, I would modify the PowerShell script that starts the dita-ot.

1. Open ishrunditaot.ps1 in your stylesheet folder

2. Read the Publication Process context file. This is an XML file containing information about the publication. For example the transtype, of even more important, the output format name

You can read that by adding something like this:

[xml]$xmlContextFile = Get-Content -Path $PublishPostProcessContextFileLocation

3. Once you have the context file, you can read the Output format name value

4. All you have to do is write the IF statement with the correct dita-ot command

• Hey Mark,

Depending on the version, I would modify the PowerShell script that starts the dita-ot.

1. Open ishrunditaot.ps1 in your stylesheet folder

2. Read the Publication Process context file. This is an XML file containing information about the publication. For example the transtype, of even more important, the output format name

You can read that by adding something like this:

[xml]$xmlContextFile = Get-Content -Path $PublishPostProcessContextFileLocation

3. Once you have the context file, you can read the Output format name value

4. All you have to do is write the IF statement with the correct dita-ot command

Children