Preserving content GUIDs etc when exporting/importing

We need to migrate content between Production, Staging, Development repository instances of Tridion Docs 13 SP1 for troubleshooting and testing purposes. For consistency, we need the migrated content to preserve all values and structure at the destination. For example, we choose a publication at source and the full publication is migrated to the destination including all associated objects and their GUIDs and metadata. We can achieve this using a custom tool but I'm wondering if are there any improvements coming in Tridion Docs 13 SP2, or beyond, that would also provide this ability?

thanks,

Barra

Parents
  • Hi Barra,

Most customers restore their Production database to staging or in turn development to reproduce issues. I surely hope that is the direction of the migration you are looking for; and that you are not creating "content" on a development environment to then move it to Production :-)

Sure the API can handle your scenarios. I know of implementations to port content from Production to Staging, they all however take some shortcut (e.g. releasing publications or not, initial workflow states on content objects, folder security, dita architecture, etc), so none of these implementations is flawless.

-Dave

• Hi Barra,

Most customers restore their Production database to staging or in turn development to reproduce issues. I surely hope that is the direction of the migration you are looking for; and that you are not creating "content" on a development environment to then move it to Production :-)

Sure the API can handle your scenarios. I know of implementations to port content from Production to Staging, they all however take some shortcut (e.g. releasing publications or not, initial workflow states on content objects, folder security, dita architecture, etc), so none of these implementations is flawless.

-Dave

Children