Getting error 102006: InvalidMissingValueLevelCard after adding Custom Metadata field in the ishfrmgroup

Environment i am working on Tridion 14SP2 

Getting Error after adding the new Checkbox field in the UI Form for PublicationOutput Card. 

Error:

Value is missing for the "Include Publication Output File Mode" field of object "GUID-xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx=2=PDF (A4 Manual)=en". [c:11681 ce:GUID-xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx ct:CTPUBLICATIONOUTPUT f:1063 fe:FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE ft:LOV fmin:1 fmax:1] [102006;MissingValueLevelCard]

By following the steps mentioned in the documentation,

I could add the custom field FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE using the XMLStructre as given below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<setup version="2.0">
<fields>
<field element="FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE" issystem="false" isbasic="true" ismandatory="true" isindexable="false">
<label>Include Publication Output File Mode</label>
<description>Include OutputFileMode in the metadata as a boolean Value If Selected OutputFileMode would be by FileName else would be By GUID</description>
<typelov element="BOOLEAN" ismultivalue="false" />
</field>
</fields>
<cardtypes>
<cardtype element="CTPUBLICATIONOUTPUT">
<fielddefinition>
<cardtypefield element="FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE">
<lovfield>
<defaultvalue ishvaluetype='element'>FALSE</defaultvalue>
</lovfield>
</cardtypefield>
</fielddefinition>
</cardtype>
</cardtypes>
</setup>

Also configured the MetadataConfog.xml under cleintConfig Folder:

here is the snippet i have added in the metadataconfig file

XML code snippet showing the setup of a custom field 'Include Publication Output File Mode' with a boolean type and default value set to 'FALSE'.

Here is the UI Field added into the screen:

Screenshot of Trados Studio UI showing the 'Draft options' section with a new checkbox field labeled 'Include Output FileMode'.

i am not sure what i am missing here, 

Please guide me here on what i am missing here. I followed the steps exactly mentioned in the documentation. Is there any other steps which i am missing.

If pointers to the issue and proper steps provided it would be really helpful.

Thanks 

Shrinidhi

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:45 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hi Shrinidhi,

Error "MissingValueLevelCard" means that the server-side data layer believes you did not offer a value to comply with your field setup.

Your above field setup states

1. Field "FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE" is mandatory and not multi value (hence fmin:1 fmax:1)
    2. You also specified "<defaultvalue ishvaluetype='element'>FALSE</defaultvalue>" which means at field creation (DBUT), you added a FALSE value to every existing Publication Output object for this field (as it is mandatory)

In analysis, I would like to see the following information...

1. What is posted from your browser, so a Fiddler trace is useful
    2. Matching server-side log files of the Fiddler trace

I can imagine you don't want to obfuscate that all, so perhaps promote to a Customer Support ticket?

• Thanks Meyer for your response. 

In this case, 

Custom Field is appearing for all the outputs with checkboxes not selected by default. This is actual requirement, hence i set it default value as false. Should it be true? when we run the DBUT Tool?

after updating the metadataconfig file in this manner under DraftOptionsFrmGroup

<ishfrmfield name="PublicationOutput.IncludeOutputFileMode" ishfieldref="FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE" level="lng">
    <label resourceref="FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE.Label">Include Output FileMode</label>
    <description resourceref="FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE.Description">Include Output FileMode in the output.</description>
    <typecheckbox>
    <checkedvalue>Yes</checkedvalue>
    <uncheckedvalue>No</uncheckedvalue>
    </typecheckbox>
    <readonly ishcondition="IsReleased='true'" />
    <readonly ishcondition="ChangeMode='Update'" />
    <value overwrite="yes" ishcondition="CreateReason = 'NewObject'" />
    </ishfrmfield>

I could create a new Output Format . But when i select the outputs formats, select Custom Field checkbox and then click on modify button, the spinner runs forever. 

• Thanks Meyer for your response. 

In this case, 

Custom Field is appearing for all the outputs with checkboxes not selected by default. This is actual requirement, hence i set it default value as false. Should it be true? when we run the DBUT Tool?

after updating the metadataconfig file in this manner under DraftOptionsFrmGroup

<ishfrmfield name="PublicationOutput.IncludeOutputFileMode" ishfieldref="FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE" level="lng">
    <label resourceref="FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE.Label">Include Output FileMode</label>
    <description resourceref="FPUBINCLUDEOUTFILEMODE.Description">Include Output FileMode in the output.</description>
    <typecheckbox>
    <checkedvalue>Yes</checkedvalue>
    <uncheckedvalue>No</uncheckedvalue>
    </typecheckbox>
    <readonly ishcondition="IsReleased='true'" />
    <readonly ishcondition="ChangeMode='Update'" />
    <value overwrite="yes" ishcondition="CreateReason = 'NewObject'" />
    </ishfrmfield>

I could create a new Output Format . But when i select the outputs formats, select Custom Field checkbox and then click on modify button, the spinner runs forever. 

Children