Unable to edit Metadata bound fields in Draft Spaces

Custom Metadata with metadata binding specified shows up just fine in Draft Spaces, but is not editable. Has anyone go this working in Draft Spaces?

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

Parents
  • Yes, this should work. After cross checking single browser/machine issues, so having it repeatable on a different machine/browser. It might make sense to contact Customer Support.

• Hi Dave, customer support wants us to contact Professional Services to look at this issue. I wonder if anyone is using Draft Spaces, if it doesn't even support metadata bound fields out of the box. I would have though support would at least try replicating the issue.

• Long shot here, as I have to guess your version and actual setup. Also the implementation details of your (chosen) connector could matter.

MetadataBinding was added in the product in 2016/12.0.0, and only for multi-value string values. The idea of doing MetadataBinding for LOV-Values or dates does not make sense and was put non-scope.

Sometimes things/requests come in waves together, and we are looking into simplifying single-value string field configuration. Currently you have to configure it as multi-value and then have an IWrite-plugin to block submit of multiple values.

So in turn

1. It is advised to create your configured database fields over DBUT as multi-value string, and in turn configure metadataconfig.xml with <multivalue> as well
    2. If your field cannot be recreated because they already have a lot of data, then I assume they are single-value string. Still configure metadataconfig.xml as <multivalue> ... potentially a custom IWrite plugin to block submitting multiple values.

Option 1 is preferred, clearly in the supported region. Option 2 is trying to solve the problem

Hope this gets you going again...
    Dave

• Long shot here, as I have to guess your version and actual setup. Also the implementation details of your (chosen) connector could matter.

MetadataBinding was added in the product in 2016/12.0.0, and only for multi-value string values. The idea of doing MetadataBinding for LOV-Values or dates does not make sense and was put non-scope.

Sometimes things/requests come in waves together, and we are looking into simplifying single-value string field configuration. Currently you have to configure it as multi-value and then have an IWrite-plugin to block submit of multiple values.

So in turn

1. It is advised to create your configured database fields over DBUT as multi-value string, and in turn configure metadataconfig.xml with <multivalue> as well
    2. If your field cannot be recreated because they already have a lot of data, then I assume they are single-value string. Still configure metadataconfig.xml as <multivalue> ... potentially a custom IWrite plugin to block submitting multiple values.

Option 1 is preferred, clearly in the supported region. Option 2 is trying to solve the problem

Hope this gets you going again...
    Dave

Children