Is there support for synchronizing styles for Oxygen?

I don't see anything that looks like it, but I thought I should ask.

Is there existing support for synchronizing css from the server to Oxygen?

Or has anyone implemented support and if so, what did you do?

On second thought.
[edited by: Kendall Shaw at 9:53 PM (GMT 1) on 4 Aug 2022]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Kendall,

There is no Oxygen folder in the C:\InfoShare\Web\Author\ASP\ClientConfig by default. Therefore, you have to create it by your self. And you have to add <syncgroup></syncgroup> specification in the SyncInfo.xml file as shown bellow:

</syncgroup>
      <syncgroup>
        <syncfolder serverfolder="~/ClientConfig/Oxygen/" clientfolder="C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Author 20\" />
      </syncgroup>
    </syncinfo>

There is a note to synchronize Oxygen customized files to client PCs. Since write access is not allowed for folders under the "C:\Programs Files", Tridion Docs cannot sychronize Oxygen customize files from a server to client PCs. To resolve this issue, we chages the security settings for the "C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Author 20\" folder using batch command. In addition, I recommend look in to the impose options plug-in of Oxygen. You can synchronize various Oxygen settings by using this plug-in.

https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/24.1/ug-editor/topics/default-options.html#default-options__impose_a_set_of_options_using_a_sample_plugin

Following Oxygen customization files are targeted for synchronization in our environment.

• Oxygen configuration file (cc_config.xml)
    • Plugins of Oxygen
    • Dictionary files of Terminology Checker plugin
    • Schematron scripts
    • Refactoring setting files
    • css

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Naoki

emoji
  • Thank you! That appears to work. I see files having been synchronized in LastSyncInfo.xml!

I've tried to mark your comment as the answer.

emoji
  • Hi Naoki,

I am also trying to update syncinfo.xml to sync custom Oxygen CSS and Schematron files over from TD server.

When you say >>>To resolve this issue, we changed the security settings for the "C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Author 20\" folder using batch command.

Can you share how does this batch command get triggered in relation to syncinfo.xml?

Thanks in advance,

Ann

emoji
  • Hi Ann,

We install Oxygen XML Author and Tridion Docs client programs with the following batch command.

@echo off
    :: Installation batch command for Oxygen XML Author and SDL Content Manager client programs
    ::
    :: === IMPORTANT ===
    :: This batch command must be run as Administrator.
    :: =================
    :: How to use:
    :: 1. Right-click on this batch file and select the [Run as administrator] from the pop-up menu.
    :: 2. When the Oxygen XML Author installer is launched, continue the installation by following messages displayed on the dialog boxes.
    :: 3. After the Oxygen XML Author installation, installers for following three SDL Content Manager client programs are launched consequently. Proceede installation for those programs by following messages displayed on the dialog box.
    :: (1) Authoring bridge (Oxygen connector)
    :: (2) Publication Manager
    :: (3) Content Importer
    :: 4. At last, when the "Press any key to continue..." message is displayed on the command window, hit any key.
    :: Note that Condition Manager, which is one of the SDL Content Manager client programs, is not installed by this batch command. Because, Condition Manager is for an system administrator only. If you are the system administrator of SDL Content Manager, install Condition Manager separately by executing its installer (i.e. 20190705.ConditionManager.14.0.3105.0.msi).

echo Installing Oxygen XML Author and SDL Content Manager client programs ...
    echo.

chdir %~dp0

rem Launch Oxygen installer
    oxygenAuthor-64bit.exe

rem Launch Oxygen connector installer
    20190705.AuthoringBridge.14.0.3105.0-oXygen-Connector.msi

rem Launch Publication Manager installer
    20190705.PublicationManager.14.0.3105.0.msi

rem Launch Content Importer installer
    20190705.ContentImporter.14.0.3105.0.msi

set ox_install_folder="C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Author 20"

rem Change access priviledge for Oxygen installtion folder
    echo - Grant full access to the Oxygen installation folder
    echo y|cacls %ox_install_folder% /T /E /G %USERNAME%:F

rem Set .XML file extension association with Oxygen XML Author
    set ox_install_path="C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Author 20\oxygenAuthor20.1.exe"
    ftype xmlfile=%ox_install_path% "%%1"

echo Oxygen and Authoring Bridge have been installed.

pause
    exit /b

Note that this code doesn't work properly if you are using Windows domain for user account management. In addition, use the code at your own risk.

Regards,

Naoki

emoji
  • Thanks for that Naoki, I will review our installation files. 

One last question, when you sync via syncinfo.xml are you syncing files to RWS trisoftdita framework or to your own custom framework?

I can't see how to extend the RWS trisoftdita framework via Oxygen as this button is disabled.

Thanks again,

Ann

emoji
  • Our SyncInfo.xml for the Oxygen customizations is as follows:

<syncgroup>
    <syncfolder serverfolder="~/ClientConfig/Oxygen/" clientfolder="C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Author 20\" />
    </syncgroup>

We synchronize both dita and trisoftdita frameworks as shown the screenshot below.

File Explorer window showing two folders named 'dita' and 'trisoftdita' within the directory path 'C: InfoShare Web Author ASP ClientConfig Oxygen frameworks'. Both folders have a 'Date modified' of '06012020 18:40' and are of type 'File folder'.

Hope this helps you.

Naoki

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:38 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
  • Yes, that helps a lot. Thanks for being so generous with your knowledge Naoki, I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Ann

emoji