Can a form field in metadataconfig.xml be readonly in Publication Manager but editable in Tridion Docs Content Manager?

Hi,

I think I have asked the question in the Subject, but to rephrase,

I have added a frmfield in metadataconfig.xml i.e. 

<ishfrmfield ishfieldref="FISHPUBCONTEXT" level="version" name="PublicationContextField">
<label resourceref="FISHPUBCONTEXT.Label">Context</label>
<description resourceref="FISHPUBCONTEXT.Description">The publication context defines which conditional sections will be published.</description>
<typemultilinetext lines="2" />
<readonly ishcondition="ISHType = 'ISHPublication'" />
</ishfrmfield>

Is it possible to configure it so that it is not editable in Publication Manager but is editable in Tridion Docs Content Manager view?

Thanks in advance,

Ann

emoji
  • Hi Ann,

Yes you can.

Please have a look at the following documentation page which outlines the possible condition values that can be used in the metadataconfig.xml to change the presentation/behavior of a field.

docs.rws.com/.../understanding-the-use-of-conditions-in-metadata-configuration

This list contains the condition '' which allow controlling the application in which the field is represented.

Given you sample and question above the solution looks like below:

Specifically for PublicationManager

<ishfrmfield ishfieldref="FISHPUBCONTEXT" level="version" name="PublicationContextField">
    <description resourceref="FISHPUBCONTEXT.Description">The publication context defines which conditional sections will be published.</description>
    <readonly ishcondition="ClientName = 'PublicationManager' and ISHType = 'ISHPublication'" />
    </ishfrmfield>

or to make it readonly in all clienttools

<readonly ishcondition="ClientName = 'ClientTools' and ISHType = 'ISHPublication'" />
    </ishfrmfield>

Kind Regards,

Raf

emoji
  • Got it, thanks Raf. I ended up trying the following to get it working.

<ishfrmfield ishcondition="ClientName in ('ClientTools')" ishfieldref="FISHPUBCONTEXT" level="version" name="PublicationContextField">
      <typelabel/>
    </ishfrmfield>
    <ishfrmfield ishcondition="ClientName in ('WebClients')" ishfieldref="FISHPUBCONTEXT" level="version" name="PublicationContextField">
    </ishfrmfield>

Is there any downside to do it this way, via 2 ishfrmfield instances?

Regards,

Ann

emoji
  • There is no downside. Both constructions will work equally well.

emoji