Do you use Publication report?

Hello Community,

I’m Kseniia Kurganskaia, a UX designer on Tridion Docs.

As you know, Tridion Docs team currently is working on the 15th version, and we want to make sure we're not moving redundant functionality to the new version of the app. Now we're considering the role of the Publication report and even if we still keep it, but wanted to get some feedback from the community first.

If you use the Publication report (which you can access by clicking the report button while selecting a publication in a repository in the Web client) in your organization, could you please describe how you use it and what value it provides for you?

If you don't use this report, is there a reason you don't use it or is there another report that you prefer to use instead?

The screenshots below are for context to remind you which report this is.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Publication report in Action toolbar Publication report - example

Corrected the number of the release's version
[edited by: Kseniia Kurganskaia at 2:37 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Jan 2023]
emoji
Parents
  • Hi, Kseniia.

I'm glad you posted this request for feedback. Is RWS looking at the Translation report and the Workflow report, both available in the web client, as having the same functionality as the Publication report? What functionality is the same or different among those reports? If the functionality is not identical, will RWS update the remaining reports to ensure no functionality is lost if the Publication report is removed?

To answer your question -- We use the Publication report to export all files for a publication from our production server (we import them and rebuild the pub on our dev server), and to batch download all high-resolution images for a publication. For both of those processes, the downloadable Excel files are very useful.

I briefly reviewed all 3 reports, and I noted some functionality differences, including the ability in the Publication report to specify the resolution of exported images and to export released files (neither the Translation nor the Workflow report allowed me to select Released status files for export). Both of those features are critical to how we use the Publication report.

Although I use it infrequently, the Compare feature in the Publication report is also helpful, but it doesn't seem to be available in the Translation or Workflow reports.

emoji
  • Hi, Kseniia.

I'm glad you posted this request for feedback. Is RWS looking at the Translation report and the Workflow report, both available in the web client, as having the same functionality as the Publication report? What functionality is the same or different among those reports? If the functionality is not identical, will RWS update the remaining reports to ensure no functionality is lost if the Publication report is removed?

To answer your question -- We use the Publication report to export all files for a publication from our production server (we import them and rebuild the pub on our dev server), and to batch download all high-resolution images for a publication. For both of those processes, the downloadable Excel files are very useful.

I briefly reviewed all 3 reports, and I noted some functionality differences, including the ability in the Publication report to specify the resolution of exported images and to export released files (neither the Translation nor the Workflow report allowed me to select Released status files for export). Both of those features are critical to how we use the Publication report.

Although I use it infrequently, the Compare feature in the Publication report is also helpful, but it doesn't seem to be available in the Translation or Workflow reports.

emoji
Children