Lemmatization plugin development for Trados Studio 2022

Hello,

I am a student currently working on my diploma thesis, where I am developing a plugin for Trados Studio 2022. This plugin is designed to perform lemmatization (using an existing .dll library) before proceeding with terminology/term recognition and translation. I'm reaching out in hopes of gathering any suggestions, advice, and insights on the best approaches to take for this project.

Additionally, I would greatly appreciate any reference links, information about existing plugins that include similar features, or any resources where I could find inspiration and guidance for my work. Sharing your experiences or pointing me towards useful literature would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you in advance for your support and guidance. I'm looking forward to any feedback you might have.

Best regards,
Denis

Parents Reply
  •  

I note Patrick responded to you.  You can absolutely do this with a Terminology Provider, but perhaps requiring a bit more work than you envisaged.  The whole point of the provider is that it can provide you access to use the term check/term recognition etc. in Studio via the API and you can add your own code into the plugin you develop using this provider to handle the lemmatization.

Patrick is a good person to advise on this.  He also built the AI Professional app and this can compare a recognised term from a termbase in MultiTerm, or Language Cloud, and ensure that the terms are being used in the translation.  It will also correct the use of the term so that it's grammatically correct to suit the context of the sentence even if the term in the termbase was a different form.  So in theory does something similar to what you are proposing here.  He didn't build something just to handle the provision of a term with the correct form, but the end result would be that.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Children