This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Search and Replace in selection

• Under Community Review on
    • 3 Comments
    I am really missing the posibility of search and replace in a selection. I have two scenarios: Select a number of lines in the string view and replace only within this selection. Use a filter to limit the list of string shown and replace only in...
  • Consolidated multi-language view of all translations for a select string

• 0 Comments
    You often find that multiple translators made the same methodical mistakes for the same string. For instance, if you do a QA check for French, and you realize that a variable, term, or tag in a specific string was misunderstood and hence mistranslated...
  • Integration with modern file sharing platforms (Collaboration Edition)

• Idea Delivered Partially on
    • 3 Comments
    FTP is insecure and SFTP is not practical in many situations due to the need to manage accounts. Collaboration Edition is known to have many shortcomings, and the use of FTP/SFTP is the most awkward of them. Consider integrating with modern file sharing...
  • Add a resource separator for the sources on the left hand side string lists tree

• Planned for Future Release on
    • 1 Comment
    Problem: some projects on our side are made out of multiple smaller clients/products. For consistency and increased resources re-usability reasons we keep all the resources belonging to a big project in one single Passolo project. Proposal: It would...
  • Autosuggest for Passolo

• Idea Delivered Partially on
    • 2 Comments
    It would be really nice to have the same Autosuggest feature as we are used to from Trados Studio - suggesting from TM, TB and concordance - as this feature really speeds up typing.
  • Change location of users.dat file for accessibility with a roaming profile and consistency with other SDL tools

• 0 Comments
    SDL Trados Studio, MultiTerm and Passolo (Translator) 2016 use the location ...\[username]\AppData\Roaming\SDL by default for user-specific settings files when a roaming profile in a multi-user environment is used. For Passolo, this includes several ...
  • Passolo Server

• 2 Comments
    Run Passolo as a headless server for enterprise users. Remove most of the CAT functionality for GUIs, leaving file management, parsing, database, and so on. Develop a RESTful web service that extends Passolo's non-GUI localisation functionality. Third...
  • Provide the ability to export and import target rules between projects

• 0 Comments
    I can copy a rule to another project in the Target Path Rules dialog, by dragging it. But this requires me to have both projects open in Passolo. It means I have to remember which project I set up the rule in, so that I can open the correct project for...
  • Allow to hide some ressources for a specific target language

• 0 Comments
    It would help Passolo allowed us to hide the content for a specific language Example : we do not want to translate some resx contained in a .Net Dll as the targert language is not concerned by a specific module. So, we should be able to hide the...
  • Built-in JSON parser restriction - Key duplicates

• 2 Comments
    Hi, currently the built-in JSON parser in Passolo has a restriction: when a string key is used more than once in the same object, only the last string is parsed and displayed as a translatable string: { "lattitude": { "INVALID_LAT": "Lattitude - Version...