This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Ensuring that mismatching Translation Engines cannot be selected when uploading local multilingual projects

• Under Community Review on
    • 0 Comments
    When uploading a local multilingual project (with two or more target languages specified) from Trados Studio 2022 to the cloud (Trados Team and Cloud Capabilities), the Translation Engine drop-down list of the Save to Cloud dialog lists all available...
  • Make CONTROL + BACKSPACE shortcut delete the word before cursor

• 0 Comments
    While CTRL + DELETE works fine deleting the word after the caret, CTRL + BACKSPACE fails to delete the word before the caret in the following locations: Advanced Filter Display Filter Display Find and Replace Concordance Search Instead of...
  • Make Insert/Overwrite toggle a disablable option

• 6 Comments
    I seem to be unable to find an option to disable the "Insert/Overwrite" Toggle (hitting the Insert key switches between Insert mode and Overwrite mode). This feature is absolutely useless for me, I might even describe it as detrimental to my productivity...
  • Ask users if they really want to save the file without running Verification / Spellchecking

• 1 Comment
    Alternatively - this could be applied when generating target file or a return package. "Are you sure?" messages are always annoying, but this one would be a fully justified one. Example: "You didn't run QA Verification against this file. Are you...
  • Make user experience BETTER for HTML file type parser

• Idea Delivered Partially on
    • 0 Comments
    When you choose New under File Types settings and select HTML , we can create an entirely customized HTML parser. For instance, SGML files can be handled as HTML files. When you are adding each element and attribute to define their tag types and translate...
  • File Type for Sketch files

• 3 Comments
    Hi team, we have more and more Sketch files to localize and we were wondering if it's possible to add a file type in Studio or at least to have a plug-in for this file type. We have discovered that XTM handles .sketch files and so we are using it for...
  • Hide specific columns in Studio Editor "Comments" window

• 0 Comments
    It is currently already possible to rearrange the columns in the "Comments" window in the Studio Editor, and to display only certain kinds of comments (errors, warnings, info, source/target comments), but it is not possible to hide specific columns which...
  • Add a new condition to QA Checker 3.0 > Regular Expressions

• 1 Comment
    So far in QA Checker 3.0 > Regular Expressions dialog box there are 2 grouped conditions: Grouped search expression – report if source matches but not target Grouped search expression – report if source and target matches Add this new option...
  • Terminology Verifier settings

• 0 Comments
    The Terminology Verifier settings within Studio only give one options for the "minimum match value". Because terms can have variants in certain languages it would be good to be able to adjust these settings separately for source and target languages....
  • Apply tags EXACTLY to selected text

• 3 Comments
    If I want to select text in Studio (2017) including the trailing space character, I can: one word = double-click; several words = use mouse from start to end of string including last space. When I then apply a pair of tags from the source by holding...