This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Configurable Alphanumeric and Acronym Verification through Studio QA Checker

• Idea Delivered Partially on
    • 2 Comments
    Currently, one can make sure that numerals (whether they are dates, times, measurements or plain numbers) recognized as placeables by Studio 2017 in source segments are appropriately used/placed/localized in the associated target segments (Project settings...
  • No internet: ability to abort instantly

• Under Community Review on
    • 0 Comments
    When working while travelling e.g. on a train, Studio takes ages to decide it cannot proceed with a 'Confirm...' command if one is working with an online server and the train enters an area where internet reception is bad. It would be wonderful to have...
  • Adding entries to Abbreviation List

• 2 Comments
    Hello, It would be great to be able to add abbreviated terms to the Abbreviation List by directly choosing the term, right clicking on it and adding it directly into the Abbreviation List as we are in the editor, just as we do when we add new terms...
  • Ability to organize projects in the Projects view in Studio

• 1 Comment
    I often have a lot of projects in Trados Studio. It would be nice to have the ability to organize them in folders and subfolders, like Windows Explorer, for example "Projects from SDL" -> "Projects for <End Client>".
  • Feature Request - Individual Error Level per Regular Expression QA filter

• 0 Comments
    Hello. I have developed a large set of Regular Expression filters for my team and I want to designate different error levels for different issues. However, I've discovered that Trados applies one error level for all regular expression issues. Would...
  • Make case toggle shift+F3 default to word if nothing selected

• 5 Comments
    In MS Office, Memsource and MemoQ until version 2015, Shift+F3 is a shortcut to toggle case. Unless I select some text, the toggle function will work on the word in which the cursor is, which is convenient in the majority of cases where I just need to...
  • Delete to final punctuation

• 2 Comments
    "Ctrl D" is useful - deletes everything from cursor to the end of the segment. A function (with keyboard shortcut) that deletes to just before the last character (i.e. in most cases the full stop or other punctuation) would be a nifty addition. When I...
  • Allowing file sorting in Virtual Merge stage

• 2 Comments
    Due to several consideration, I am working in a relatively large project and the main file for that project was split by the agency in multiple smaller files and then handed them to me. I am not supposed to change or rename those files. I do often work...
  • More powerful Regex

• 1 Comment
    . I believe more powerful Regex “flavors” do allow changing the capitalization of strings. I believe tokens \U and \L are allowed in more powerful Regex flavors, but not in .NET which is the one used by Trados, I believe. It would be great and incredibly...
  • Use of Windows convention keys

• 1 Comment
    It would be useful if SDL used the Windows conventions for keys. The Escape key should work to exit any dialog or dropdown or otherwise. I repeatedly hit the Escape key to exit a dialog thinking there is something wrong with the key, only to realise...