This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Termbase "Hitlist Settings" in the sdlproj file

• Under Community Review on
    • 6 Comments
    Hello, We need a modification on how the termbase hitlist is set. We have several termbases in which forbidden terms are entered and the translator has to see this during his work. In all versions since Studio 2009, the settings can only be modified...
  • Capture string IDs as Document Structure for software filetypes

• Idea Delivered Partially on
    • 8 Comments
    I loved seeing that string IDs were captured from Passolo SDLXLIFFs as Document Structure, although it would be a great help to be able to create a REGEX filter for string IDs (currently only 'ID' is displayed and users can only filter for 'ID'). I...
  • Enable formatting to be applied based on filtered segments only

• Duplicate on
    • 1 Comment
    This may be more of a bug vs enhancement? Currently in Studio, you can only apply formatting to segments one at a time or to segments that are directly next to one another. If segments are filtered to 'Confirmed' for example and user tries to add...
  • Stop switching to native file after running "Generate Target Translations"

• 2 Comments
    I asked a question about this: https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/10598 Also, when you run "Generate Target Translations", at the end the following message appears: "Would you like to open the folder containing...
  • RegEx improvements

• Idea Delivered Partially on
    • 3 Comments
    Regular expressions are by far the most powerful and customizable QA element. But their functionality in Studio is still very rudimentary; those of use who code our own RegEx and manage them in detail have to use special Excel macros and workarounds to...
  • Case-sensitivity in Term Verification

• 3 Comments
    Would be good to include a Case-sensitive option in the Term Verification options. For example: tests (preferred) TESTS (forbidden) https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/90/p/5506/43645?Redirected=true#pi6614filter...
  • Highlight custom shortcuts

• 1 Comment
    I would like to see if I have customized a shortcut or if it's the default, maybe by using bolding as it's used in other instances of customized vs default settings in Studio.
  • Studio Dark Theme

• 6 Comments
    Hi! Studio should have a dark theme like Photoshop (or Windows 10 October update).
  • Add option to overwrite existing translation if better match found during interactive translation

• 3 Comments
    Use case: Translator1 creates Project1 where MT prefills all segments with a lower quality than the minimum match value, and translates Document1, using a server-based TM. Translator2 creates Project2 where MT also prefills all segments with a lower...
  • Provide an option NOT to upLift when you upgrade translation memories

• 0 Comments
    If I have to work with large translation memories I use Studio 2015 to do it because I am not forced to upLift the results. This can take a ridiculous amount of time and I may not need to go that far for the task at hand. It would be sensible to allow...