This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Unicode characters are considered emojis and a font is applied to them that doesn't support the character

• Under Community Review on
    • 4 Comments
    We have found that Trados Enterprise consideres some Unicode characters emojis and replaces the font with a font that doesn't support the Unicode character. This means that the character is not displayed properly after export.
  • Migrate to Cloud wizard - two improvements

• 0 Comments
    The "Migrate to Cloud" wizard is going to be a huge help when setting up new customers in TE/TT, since it allows us to import multiple languages in one sitting. However, there are two additional features that would make it even better: - importing...
  • Provide a term wrapping view for Term recognition window

• 2 Comments
    (First mentioned here ). As I can see it, synonyms occupy one line each. In plain vanilla, bilingual, multi-synonym termbases (the one most used by translators), this entails the need for long scrolling to see the terms. A view that would wrap the text...
  • Trados Studio still needs to improve its ability to handle large or big files

• 0 Comments
    Over the past few years, I have been keeping caring about the new product launches of Trados Studio. It seems that every time a new version of Trados Studio (desktop software) is released, there is mention of improved handling of large files. However...
  • "XML: DITA 1.3 v 2.0.0.0" file type setting to automatically save target files with the same encoding as source files

• 4 Comments
    "XML: DITA 1.3 v 2.0.0.0" (also known as "XML 2:OASIS DITA 1.3 Compliant") file type setting was built purposely to detect and place the most suitable encoding in the target files when there is no encoding declared in the source files, this "new" behavior...
  • QA regular expressions, manage definitions in multiple external files

• 0 Comments
    I have several sets of regular expressions for different checking purposes. I would like to use them in various combinations. It would be nice if we could specify regular expressions using several external files at once.
  • Fix spell check 'Resume' "Loss of place" bug.

• 0 Comments
    If the spell check is running (F7) in Editor and the mouse is used to click in a segment to make a correction or even outside Studio to do something else (taking Windows 'focus' away from the spell check), pressing 'Resume' often causes Studio to restart...
  • Transliteration add-in

• 0 Comments
    I'd like to see an add-in that would transliterate selected text from one alphabet to another, e.g. Cyrillic Russian to English, with options for selecting the transliteration standards required, e.g. GOST7.79B or ISO9. Much of translation from a language...
  • Pinning projects

• 0 Comments
    Can you add an option to pin projects in the project overview section, so they will always be visible in the overview? Just as in Firefox, where there's an option to pin tabs, just for projects that need to be open all the time. It will avoid accidentally...
  • Showing the synonym when adding a term in Multiterm termbase from Studio

• 1 Comment
    When you add a new term in Multiterm termbase from Studio and if it is a synonym you are prompted with a window "would you like to add to an existing entry".I often hesitate to say yes because I do not know what the entry is (meaning that it can be a...