This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Dark Mode or night Mode in SDL

• Under Community Review on
    • 6 Comments
    Can SDL editor template be made into Night mode as its very white no matter how much line colors are changed. If affects my vision.
  • Add document structure information to regular expressions in QA checker

• 1 Comment
    Scenario: There are often different requirements for writing styles and number formats in headings/tables/paragraph texts. To run regex QA checks on these, we currently have to filter by document structure type in the advanced filter, lock irrelevant...
  • Possibility to manually add a new translation unit to a TM

• Idea Delivered Partially on
    • 18 Comments
    It would be very practical in certain cases to be able to manually add a new translation unit to a TM, where you type in (or paste in) your source and target segments. In terms of settings information, the TM could automatically add some default parameters...
  • TM maintenance editor with more options.

• 2 Comments
    I would like to see maintenance options in the TM editor to be able to clean it fast, without having to export it to an external editor and then re-importing it again. The options could include: - find segments where source and target are the same...
  • A better management for the users names (appearing in the remarks)

• 10 Comments
    Let's take into consideration this case study. John is a professional translator, and he has a laptop. His laptop is a multipurpose laptop, there he has the videos from his family, his pictures, games and also he has there installed SDL Trados 2017...
  • None 100% Matched Segments/100% Matched Segments Highlighted in Output files

• 4 Comments
    Hi, This is something that was discussed a while back, but I want to raise it in the community. One of the challenges of translation and review is where we have a condition or rule that states we must not update 100%/perfect matches. Now, where this...
  • Information about Studio version in SDLPROJ file

• 0 Comments
    Hello! Currently there is no easy way to determin in which version of Studio project was created It may be relevant as functionalities change between updates, getting upgraded, change is behaviour (I just had an example on TM being applied differently...
  • Stop switching to native file after running "Generate Target Translations"

• 2 Comments
    I asked a question about this: https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/10598 Also, when you run "Generate Target Translations", at the end the following message appears: "Would you like to open the folder containing...
  • Make Segmentation rules part of Project settings

• 2 Comments
    For a lot of Projects, changes to the Segmentation rules are necessary. As working with serverbased TMs it is not a good idea to change the segmentation rules of TMs used by others at the same time. For projects with several languages and many TMs you...
  • Termbase "Hitlist Settings" in the sdlproj file

• 6 Comments
    Hello, We need a modification on how the termbase hitlist is set. We have several termbases in which forbidden terms are entered and the translator has to see this during his work. In all versions since Studio 2009, the settings can only be modified...