Idea Delivered

Docs 14 SP4 introduces a few configurable functionalities for Draft Space. An additional Windows Service from Fonto to enable Content Quality add-on and Hunspell as a Spell Checker is available for editable content. It comes with en_US dictionary in OOTB product, it requires IshDeploy cmdlets to start/stop the Fonto Content Quality service and provides possibility to select components that should be spell checked. It is possible to set up replace a misspelled word with one from the suggestion list. It is also possible to create a list of individual words which are always considered valid and no suggestions are generated for words on this list.

Spelling checker in Draft Space

Hi folks,

I can find no spell checker in the SDL Draft Space interface. It also appears to block Grammarly, so my usual online workaround isn't available. 

I'm just overlooking it, right? It's got to be here somewhere.

Cheers,

Jeff

Parents
  • The spell checker functionality may not be available out of the box, but a rudimentary spell checker functionality can be achieved by a simple modification to the main.js file located in <drive-letter>:\Infoshare\Web\InfoShareCS\lib\fontoXML.

The main.js injects the Draft Space iframe. The browser-based spell checking is disabled in the main.js file and by setting the spellcheck attribute to true for all editable textarea elements we can have a rudimentary spell checker functionality.

Draft Space with spellcheck set to true.

I do not think we can have Grammarly working here since it does not work in iframes. If you read this forum thread, it says, "Unfortunately, iFrame is not supported by Grammarly at this time." So for advanced grammar and spell check functionality Ginger's Chrome extension seems to work. For this we still have to modify the main.js file and set spellcheck to true. 

• Was there a CSS component to making this work? I tweaked the .js file and Ginger now appears to be finding 8 spelling mistakes in my test file, but give no visual indication of where they are. When I agree to allow Ginger to open and edit my content, it corrupts it when I return to the Draft Space authoring environment. 

Comment Children
No Data