PDF creation from XSLFO

Hi,

I am new in SDL XPP. I want to generate PDF from XML by XSL and XSLFO. Is there any document are available on how to get started.

Parents
  • Hi Rahul,

I don't believe we have any OOB tools or documentation delivered with XPP specifically for doing XSLFO.

XPP does have two "transformation" engines that can be used to modify the XML via XSLT 2.0 (xppxslt Java-based program that uses Saxon and requires Java to be separately installed) or XSLT 1.0 (Xalan program).

I suggest you look at the SDL XPP Transforming Data manual (condata.pdf) on those subjects (i.e. XSLT transforms) for general information on doing transforms in XPP (in your other recent thread I pointed to the SDL Documentation Center web site).

Other customers might chime in with suggestions in regard to XSLFO specifically.

BTW, in case you were not aware of this XPP has some OOB tools for generating PDFs (from XML) via a PostScript to PDF workflow (PS to PDF) or a Direct to PDF workflow. Note: Direct to PDF (divpdf program) is a separately purchasable option.

Jonathan Dagresta
    RWS Group/
    XPP Development

• Hi Rahul,

I don't believe we have any OOB tools or documentation delivered with XPP specifically for doing XSLFO.

XPP does have two "transformation" engines that can be used to modify the XML via XSLT 2.0 (xppxslt Java-based program that uses Saxon and requires Java to be separately installed) or XSLT 1.0 (Xalan program).

I suggest you look at the SDL XPP Transforming Data manual (condata.pdf) on those subjects (i.e. XSLT transforms) for general information on doing transforms in XPP (in your other recent thread I pointed to the SDL Documentation Center web site).

Other customers might chime in with suggestions in regard to XSLFO specifically.

BTW, in case you were not aware of this XPP has some OOB tools for generating PDFs (from XML) via a PostScript to PDF workflow (PS to PDF) or a Direct to PDF workflow. Note: Direct to PDF (divpdf program) is a separately purchasable option.

Jonathan Dagresta
    RWS Group/
    XPP Development

Children