Amazing what you find!

XPP continues to amaze me ever after using it day in day out for 31 years - today I found a new error that I had never come across before - why this is a problem I have no idea but doing what it said solved the issue immediately:

Trados Studio warning message stating 'Maximum restores performed, edit and return to Style Editor for more restores' with a yellow caution triangle icon.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 5:17 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Chris, I have to admit that you piqued my interest. I've never seen this message either, but I did some investigation....

Within one S/D editing session, did you try to do more than 99 "restores"? There is a check to make sure that the user cannot do more than 99 restores. Why you ask? Without going into too much technical detail, restore puts a lot of strain on maintaining all of the data/text associate with the '.sde' file. A "reasonable" number of restore's was chosen to keep the data management simpler. 99 restores within an editing session seems reasonable to me.

And before you ask, no, we will not be changing this number, so please don't put in an XPP idea to increase the limit Slight smile.

• Chris, I have to admit that you piqued my interest. I've never seen this message either, but I did some investigation....

Within one S/D editing session, did you try to do more than 99 "restores"? There is a check to make sure that the user cannot do more than 99 restores. Why you ask? Without going into too much technical detail, restore puts a lot of strain on maintaining all of the data/text associate with the '.sde' file. A "reasonable" number of restore's was chosen to keep the data management simpler. 99 restores within an editing session seems reasonable to me.

And before you ask, no, we will not be changing this number, so please don't put in an XPP idea to increase the limit Slight smile.

Children