How can we add comment in the PDF?

I need to add a comment in the PDF and I am using the xymacro <:pdfs;NOTE;This technical note appears in red;/Color [1 0 0]><:pdfe;NOTE> as mentioned in the xypdf manual but unable to generate the comment in the PDF. Can anybody assist me to generate a comment in the PDF. I am using XPP 9.4.1.0.

Parents
  • I just checked the code and for a :pdfs NOTE the divpdf (Direct to PDF) program is creating a "Text annotation", and it appears that you also need to be specifying PDF/UA output (-pdfua option or in the GUI it is the "Generate: PDF/UA" checkbox).

With XPP 9.4 we added the -pdfba option ("Generate: Bookmarks/Annotations Only" in the GUI), in order not to have to use the full blown PDF/UA setup in order to just get bookmarks and annotations.

And I see that when using -xpp-pdf-annotation with CSS to create annotations, the code is processing the annotations if either the -pdfua or the -pdfba option is enabled.

But it seems we missed adding to process the :pdfs NOTE macros if the -pdfba option is enabled, and it is still requiring the -pdfua option in order for them to be processed.

So, please (someone) open a support ticket on this: divpdf is not processing :pdfs NOTE macros if the -pdfba (and -pdfmark) option is specified

This is an "easy" fix, so the turnaround time for getting a hotfix should be quick (and thank you for already being on the latest release and service pack).

In the meantime, using the -pdfua (PDF/UA) option is another workaround (in addition to the one Bart suggested) if you can use it w/o too much trouble. Bart's suggestion is probably easier as there is quite a bit of setup to use the PDF/UA option.

Jonathan Dagresta
    RWS Group/
    XPP Development

• I just checked the code and for a :pdfs NOTE the divpdf (Direct to PDF) program is creating a "Text annotation", and it appears that you also need to be specifying PDF/UA output (-pdfua option or in the GUI it is the "Generate: PDF/UA" checkbox).

With XPP 9.4 we added the -pdfba option ("Generate: Bookmarks/Annotations Only" in the GUI), in order not to have to use the full blown PDF/UA setup in order to just get bookmarks and annotations.

And I see that when using -xpp-pdf-annotation with CSS to create annotations, the code is processing the annotations if either the -pdfua or the -pdfba option is enabled.

But it seems we missed adding to process the :pdfs NOTE macros if the -pdfba option is enabled, and it is still requiring the -pdfua option in order for them to be processed.

So, please (someone) open a support ticket on this: divpdf is not processing :pdfs NOTE macros if the -pdfba (and -pdfmark) option is specified

This is an "easy" fix, so the turnaround time for getting a hotfix should be quick (and thank you for already being on the latest release and service pack).

In the meantime, using the -pdfua (PDF/UA) option is another workaround (in addition to the one Bart suggested) if you can use it w/o too much trouble. Bart's suggestion is probably easier as there is quite a bit of setup to use the PDF/UA option.

Jonathan Dagresta
    RWS Group/
    XPP Development

Children