Bug texts in generated text of continue head of a table

Hello,

I found a bug that there is a word become real text in the generated text of the continue head of a table.

When I compose the table, the extra word is generated at the end of the first page of the table for every composition.

Are there any limits for the contents of the continue head of a table in XPP?

(Real text appears in continue head)

Screenshot showing Trados Studio bug with unexpected text 'ChungToppan Merrill' at the end of a table on the first page.

(Below is the extra text generated after composition)

Screenshot displaying Trados Studio error where the text 'form' appears incorrectly within a table continuation header.

Chung

Toppan Merrill

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 5:22 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Yes, please open a ticket.

You still didn't answer the question as to what is "different" or "special" about your table header row and whether there is something in it that itself is generating text or what's different/unusual about your table coding or before/after your table. But that's why you need to open the ticket and submit the Job Archive.

Other customers do running table header rows all the time and do not have this problem. Even the XPP 9.3 release is getting pretty "ancient" now; very soon there will no longer be any patch support for that release (aka "retired").

The "|--" endline character you mention is not "causing" this problem. This character is a "break" line end and only signifies that the line has been ended without a space (between that word and the next one, such as when you end a line with a <qa> with no following space). The other possible types of line ends are a "space" line (which displays as just a "space") end and a "hyphen" line end (which displays as a "hyphen", but where the hyphen is generated by composition and not part of the data).

Jonathan Dagresta
    RWS Group/
    XPP Development

• Hello -

There is nothing special about the header row other than it continues when it breaks across the page. 

I was able to replicate this issue using a delivered JOB and standard macros on XPP 9.4.1. The code attached to SDL support case No. 00582600 can be dropped directly below the last item in JOB_xybase2 to replicate the issue reported above. 

Reply Children
No Data