Is there any way to hide the comment which populate on the text on which we have added the comments in the PDF?

I want to hide the comment box which generally populates on the PDF. It should populate only when we hover on the particular text on which we have added the comments. 

Parents
  • Please elaborate.

1. What release of XPP?
    2. What workflow/command are you using to create the output PDF (PostScript/psfmtdrv or Direct to PDF/divpdf)?
    3. How are you specifying the Comment (pdfmarks or CSS annotation properties)?
    4. What have you tried so far (what is your exact pdfmark coding or CSS property values you have tried)?
    5. What exactly do you mean by "I want to hide the comment box"?

And another thing to know is are you able to create the end result you are looking to achieve directly in e.g. Acrobat Reader, and if so exactly how (what type of Comment and what are the Property values)?

As you can probably guess by now, a lot of detailed information is needed to answer your question and so it probably is best handled by opening a ticket with support and providing all these details (and it wouldn't hurt to provide a sample job at the same time).

• Hi Jon,

Below are the information for which you asked:

1. What release of XPP? -- XPP 9.4.1
    2. What workflow/command are you using to create the output PDF (PostScript/psfmtdrv or Direct to PDF/divpdf)? -- Direct to PDF/divpdf
    3. How are you specifying the Comment (pdfmarks or CSS annotation properties)? -- pdfmarks
    4. What have you tried so far (what is your exact pdfmark coding or CSS property values you have tried)? -- <?xpp :pdfs;7;This is test note;/Color [1 1 1]?>This is test note<?xpp :pdfe;7?>
    5. What exactly do you mean by "I want to hide the comment box"? -- The comment box which generally shows in the PDF should not generate by default, it should populate only when we hover on that particular text.
  • Hi Jon,

Below are the information for which you asked:

1. What release of XPP? -- XPP 9.4.1
    2. What workflow/command are you using to create the output PDF (PostScript/psfmtdrv or Direct to PDF/divpdf)? -- Direct to PDF/divpdf
    3. How are you specifying the Comment (pdfmarks or CSS annotation properties)? -- pdfmarks
    4. What have you tried so far (what is your exact pdfmark coding or CSS property values you have tried)? -- <?xpp :pdfs;7;This is test note;/Color [1 1 1]?>This is test note<?xpp :pdfe;7?>
    5. What exactly do you mean by "I want to hide the comment box"? -- The comment box which generally shows in the PDF should not generate by default, it should populate only when we hover on that particular text.
Children
No Data