Can we add some text in the repeating table heads when table breaks across the block/page?

Hi,

I need to add some text may be "continued" word at the end of repeating Table Header when the table breaks across the next block/page.

Thanks!

emoji
Parents
  • The %tbrhd system variable indicates when composition is in a continued table header (when table has broken to the next block/page).

So, in your table header row you could do something like this:

TABLE HEADER<cont>

cont = "<mc;%tbrhd;nul;skp><continued>"

continued = " (continued)"

Jonathan Dagresta
    RWS Group/
    XPP Development

emoji
  • JD:  Is there still no way to determine how many header rows a table has? 

XPP knows whether its a header row or body as it displays this in the Status Window.  As far as I can see (even with the 9.6 docs), there is no %var or !var to indicate whether the current row is a header row or body.

%tbrhd or !tbrhd only indicates this after a table has broken.

emoji
  • Mark,

Your question should ideally be in a new thread ... but ...

We did add a number of "table row" system variables with the 9.5.0 release.

I don't recall seeing any specific request for a system variable to "know whether composition is in a header or body row". Did you open an XPP Idea for this specific request or mention it specifically in an existing XPP Idea?

I don't see it mentioned in your "catch all" XPP Idea request for "all" system variables (which currently has a Status of "Idea Delivered Partially"), where we asked you to be specific and give a list and you did that.

It's not hard for the XyView to show Header versus Body rows in the Table Status, because that's after composition is done. During composition you're in a Header row until you are not, but I'm thinking it should still be possible to implement such a variable.

One complication is that there are really two kinds of "header" rows.

There's the "header style" rows and there's the "continued" header rows. Which one do you want to know about with the variable (and I don't actually remember which one of those is what Table Status shows with the "H#" versus "R#"; it might specifically be the "style" header rows and not the "continued" rows)?

Anyway, it's not there now and if you want something please open a new thread with all the details (and I suggest it should be under XPP Ideas and not this forum and I would suggest you not just tack it onto your existing "catch all" Idea either as it could then get "lost" in the noise).

Jonathan Dagresta
    RWS Group/
    XPP Development

emoji
  • Mark,

Your question should ideally be in a new thread ... but ...

We did add a number of "table row" system variables with the 9.5.0 release.

I don't recall seeing any specific request for a system variable to "know whether composition is in a header or body row". Did you open an XPP Idea for this specific request or mention it specifically in an existing XPP Idea?

I don't see it mentioned in your "catch all" XPP Idea request for "all" system variables (which currently has a Status of "Idea Delivered Partially"), where we asked you to be specific and give a list and you did that.

It's not hard for the XyView to show Header versus Body rows in the Table Status, because that's after composition is done. During composition you're in a Header row until you are not, but I'm thinking it should still be possible to implement such a variable.

One complication is that there are really two kinds of "header" rows.

There's the "header style" rows and there's the "continued" header rows. Which one do you want to know about with the variable (and I don't actually remember which one of those is what Table Status shows with the "H#" versus "R#"; it might specifically be the "style" header rows and not the "continued" rows)?

Anyway, it's not there now and if you want something please open a new thread with all the details (and I suggest it should be under XPP Ideas and not this forum and I would suggest you not just tack it onto your existing "catch all" Idea either as it could then get "lost" in the noise).

Jonathan Dagresta
    RWS Group/
    XPP Development

emoji
Children