xpp font installation

Hello,

I have installed some new fonts in xpp, they installed fine, text is generating with required font but special characters are not generating, i have check by doing cmap and standard but still it not fix, can anyone help me in this.

Thanks,

Wasif Khot

emoji
Parents
  • Hello, 

Are you able to confirm that the fonts you have installed contained the missing characters? I have used FontLab studio and Fontographer in the past. It's also common for some font vendors/foundries to have a list of characters that a typeface supports (such as this one for Roboto: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Roboto/glyphs). 

If you discover that the font that you have installed does not contain the required characters but another (similar looking) typeface that you have already installed does, you can use the Default FAST in the FV spec to define a font failover. In fonts.pdf, check out Primary FAST, Secondary FAST and Default FAST in Chapter 12 - The Font Variant Spec.

If you don't have a typeface installed that's similar enough to what's needed, you may consider installing a font from Google Fonts that 

1. Looks similar to the typeface you're working with; and
    2. Contains the required character(s) 

Once this is done, you can go back to the FV spec and define the Default (or Secondary) FASTs. 

Hope this helps,
    - Thomas

emoji
  • Hello, 

Are you able to confirm that the fonts you have installed contained the missing characters? I have used FontLab studio and Fontographer in the past. It's also common for some font vendors/foundries to have a list of characters that a typeface supports (such as this one for Roboto: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Roboto/glyphs). 

If you discover that the font that you have installed does not contain the required characters but another (similar looking) typeface that you have already installed does, you can use the Default FAST in the FV spec to define a font failover. In fonts.pdf, check out Primary FAST, Secondary FAST and Default FAST in Chapter 12 - The Font Variant Spec.

If you don't have a typeface installed that's similar enough to what's needed, you may consider installing a font from Google Fonts that 

1. Looks similar to the typeface you're working with; and
    2. Contains the required character(s) 

Once this is done, you can go back to the FV spec and define the Default (or Secondary) FASTs. 

Hope this helps,
    - Thomas

emoji
Children