TBM6 does not integrate into SDL Trados Studio 2021 Professional

I'm the owner of Trados Studio 2021 Professional license and have recently purchased the Trados Business Manager Essential TBM6.

After uninstalling the Trados Business Manager Lite (which wasn't licensed), I installed TBM6 and restarted the PC. After restart, the TBM region with the corresponding buttons was not present in the Projects view as it should be. Can't figure out the reason why though. I've also tried uninstalling Trados Studio and reinstalling it, but nothing changes.

TBM6 is installed correctly, I think. URL: http://localhost:8733/, Application key xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx. The software works correctly, I even managed to import data from Json file.

The Trados Business Manager Connector is not present in the Add-Ins Section under Plugins.

Could it be possible to solve the matter via a remote session?

Thanks in advance and rgds

Stojan Brajikovič

• Sorry, I was wrong, hah )) I didn't notice in the plugin settings, that https protocol was used. After changing to http, it started to work!

So, have a look, maybe you have the same issue!

Screenshot of Trados Studio plugin settings showing the Application key field filled and the URL field with 'http' protocol instead of 'https'.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:44 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
  • Hello, Eugene,

I checked and I'm using the correct http protocol, but the connection to Trados Studio still doesn't work.

I had a notification in Trados Studio that there was one plugin to be updated, and it was TBM6 connector. I uninstalled the previous version, which installed as BaccS_connector under Add-Inns --> Plug-Ins. I reinstalled the plugin, but it still won't work.

So, now I'm confused. Have you actually updated the plug in? Which version is actually available for download in the App Store? Why is it still showing in Trados Studio under Plug-Ins as BaccS_connector?

• Hello, Stojan,

I'm also confused that it still does not work. Indeed, in the plugin list it is displayed as Baccs_connector.. Probably, because internally in dll settings assembly name wasn't changed. Current latest version is 6.0.5.

Let's try the following. I will work on another version and will send it to you. There, I will add error logging, and we'll catch an error which internally happens when plugin tries to establish connection with main TBM application. Will post it here soon!

• Hello, Eugene,

thanks for your efforts.

I'm awaiting the new version.

Stojan Brajkovič

• Stojan,

Can you please try this version:

https://www.ibaccs.com/download/Business_Manager_Connector.zip

The plugin is unsigned.. but please ignore it. Let's see which error you're getting!

• Hello, Eugene,

I signed to my Trados account, but I am unable to access the download page for which you provided the link.

I get the following message:

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Pls provide a valid link.

Thanks

Stojan

• Hello,

thanks, the link is now OK. I downloaded and installed the unsigned plug-in. The following error log file was created:

Error message:
    An error occurred while sending the request.
    Error message, line 2:
    Unable to connect to the remote server

Stack trace:
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Http.Connections.Client.Internal.AccessTokenHttpMessageHandler.<SendAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Http.Connections.Client.Internal.LoggingHttpMessageHandler.<SendAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Http.Connections.Client.HttpConnection.<NegotiateAsync>d__45.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Http.Connections.Client.HttpConnection.<GetNegotiationResponseAsync>d__52.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Http.Connections.Client.HttpConnection.<SelectAndStartTransport>d__44.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Http.Connections.Client.HttpConnection.<StartAsyncCore>d__41.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Http.Connections.Client.HttpConnection.<StartAsync>d__40.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Http.Connections.Client.HttpConnectionFactory.<ConnectAsync>d__3.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Http.Connections.Client.HttpConnectionFactory.<ConnectAsync>d__3.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.SignalR.Client.HubConnection.<StartAsyncCore>d__58.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.SignalR.Client.HubConnection.<StartAsyncInner>d__50.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.SignalR.Client.HubConnection.<StartAsync>d__49.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
    at BaccS_Connector.Ribbon.<Connect>d__4.MoveNext()

The connection to Trados Studio was not established.

I set a blank password, just as I did when I installed and activated my TBM6:

Trados Studio plugin settings window showing fields for Application URL, Tenant, Application key, User name, User password, Project templates path, and Folder to store projects.

Hope you can find the reason why.

Thanks and have a nice weekend,

Stojan

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
  • Hello, Eugene,

I tried to uninstall TBM6 completely, but then my Trados Studio 2021 encountered a problem. When I started my instance of Trados Studio, the following message appeared:

Error dialog box in Trados Studio with a red cross icon, displaying the message 'Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0.' with an OK button and links to Knowledge Base and Community.

If I close the dialog, Trados doesn't start, just exits. So, I'm currently unable to use Trados Studio at all.

How do I solve this? I tried to uninstall and reinstall Trados Studio 2021 SR2 (latest version), but it doesn't solve anything.

Rgds

Stojan B.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
  • Hi Stojan,

But how could I know why Trados gives an error?? If you remove new TBM Connector plugin version, the same happens?

Also check that only one TBM Connector is placed in the packages folder (probably, there are different versions under different file names).