Absence in Data Store preventing application from opening

Dear all,

Upon opening Trados Business Manager Essential, version 6.1.40, I am met with the following message:

Requested objects cannot be loaded, because they are absent in the data store. These objects can already be deleted/purged. If you see this exception once again with the same objects in the list, note that the referential integrity of your data store may be broken. In this instance, contact your system administrator.

The objects in question are listed in the following format: BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

There are around 20 items listed, all of the same format with the only changes being the bracketed code.

Clicking on any of the options (Show details / Try recover / Try recover with clearing list settings) provides no results.

Could anyone help please? This is an urgent matter as the application will not open otherwise.

Thank you in advance.

Here are are the two sections of red text in the console tab

blazor.server.js:1 [2023-04-18T13:47:44.211Z] Error: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (The CancellationTokenSource has been disposed.)
---> System.ObjectDisposedException: The CancellationTokenSource has been disposed.
at System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource.get_Token()
at DevExpress.Blazor.DxGrid.CreateDataProvider()
at DevExpress.Blazor.DxGrid.ApplyParameterChanges()
at DevExpress.Blazor.Internal.ParameterTracker.EndUpdate()
at DevExpress.Blazor.DxGrid.Reload()
at TBM.Pages.Base.ListViewBase`1.OnAfterRenderAsync(Boolean firstRender) in C:\builds\716\s\TBM\Pages\Base\ListViewBase.razor.cs:line 949
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Uncaught (in promise) Error: Cannot send data if the connection is not in the 'Connected' State.
at bt.send (blazor.server.js:1)
at kt._sendMessage (blazor.server.js:1)
at kt._sendWithProtocol (blazor.server.js:1)
at kt.send (blazor.server.js:1)
at Object.endInvokeJSFromDotNet (blazor.server.js:1)
at blazor.server.js:1

emoji
  • Hello, Ana,

I need additional information. Especially what preceeded to this. You used applicaiton as normal, then closed, re-opened, and it started to happen? Probably, not. Something else happened. Maybe update was installed, or backup restored, or data imported... at least, some actions should have happened.

Also, I doubt that it could help, but since latest version 6.1.77, and you have pretty old version, maybe simple installation of the most recent update will solve an issue?

Latest installer is here:

https://update.sdl.com/updates/update1/tbm6/trados_business_manager_online_6.1.77.exe
    emoji
  • Hello Eugene, 

Thank you for your response. We used the app as normal, updating client information and tariffs. I believe that was all that was done differently in advance of the error. Can updates be installed automatically?

We shall try install the latest version, will this syncronise with the data already stored on the version of our TBM?

emoji
  • Update procedure is described here:

Application update 

Also, maybe you can send me log file? Instructions here:  How to report about issues 

emoji
  • Thank you, Eugene.

Here is the error:

[2023-04-21T12:29:59.768Z] Information: Normalizing '_blazor' to 'localhost:8733/_blazor'.
    blazor.server.js:1 [2023-04-21T12:29:59.781Z] Information: WebSocket connected to ws://localhost:8733/_blazor?id=AXLecBSgf7fyxnZaHbHDdA.
    blazor.server.js:1 [2023-04-21T12:29:59.965Z] Error: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (The CancellationTokenSource has been disposed.)
    ---> System.ObjectDisposedException: The CancellationTokenSource has been disposed.
    at System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource.get_Token()
    at DevExpress.Blazor.DxGrid.CreateDataProvider()
    at DevExpress.Blazor.DxGrid.ApplyParameterChanges()
    at DevExpress.Blazor.Internal.ParameterTracker.EndUpdate()
    at DevExpress.Blazor.DxGrid.Reload()
    at TBM.Pages.Base.ListViewBase`1.OnAfterRenderAsync(Boolean firstRender) in C:\builds\716\s\TBM\Pages\Base\ListViewBase.razor.cs:line 949
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    log @ blazor.server.js:1
    blazor.server.js:1 [2023-04-21T12:29:59.965Z] Information: Connection disconnected.
    blazor.server.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Cannot send data if the connection is not in the 'Connected' State.
    at bt.send (blazor.server.js:1)
    at kt._sendMessage (blazor.server.js:1)
    at kt._sendWithProtocol (blazor.server.js:1)
    at kt.send (blazor.server.js:1)
    at Object.endInvokeJSFromDotNet (blazor.server.js:1)
    at blazor.server.js:1

The submit bug butto is not responding, but I have attached two images of TBM.

Screenshot of Trados Studio error message stating 'An error has occurred in the application' with a list of requested objects that cannot be loaded, and instructions to submit a bug report.

Close-up of Trados Studio error message detailing missing objects in the data store and suggesting to contact the system administrator or submit a bug report.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:18 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hi Eugene, 

I have downloaded the update to Business Manager Essentials, but unfortunately the bug has not been repaired. I would really appreciate any information you can give, and am willing to speak with you over email or phone if that will help.

Thank you in advance. 

emoji
  • Hi Ana,
    I'm afraid that I don't have precise solution here. Somehow database integrity was corrupted. It's not broken, but there are errors. Such thing happened only once before, and I still don't know how it happened. But was able to fix that by direct work with database file. It needs some manual editing to remove referenced key which do not actually exist.

I can do that or anyone who understands databases (SQLite in this case). If you send me database file, I can check (I have sent you direct email). If, due to private data contained in the database, it is not acceptable, anyone with knowledge of database files can do this work. Just download any utility supporting work with SQLite files, open database file, and clean necessary columns. Error message which you provided explains which tables to look for (CustomerDepartment). CustomerDepartment is referenced from different tables. It could be TranslationProject, TranslationJob. So, the goal is to clean values in CustomerDepartment columns of these tables where key is one of listed below in the error message:
    2023-04-21 17:50:36.3114 ERROR [null] DevExpress.Xpo.Exceptions.CannotLoadObjectsException: Requested objects cannot be loaded, because they are absent in the data store. These objects can  already be deleted/purged. If you see this exception once again with the same objects in the list, note that the referential integrity of your data store may be broken. In this instance, contact your system administrator. Requested objects: BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx), BaccS_XAF.Module.BusinessObjects.Spr.CustomerDepartment(xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
  • Hi Eugene,

Thank you for your help, we believe we have managed to install the newest version of TBM but are no longer able to log in.

We have reset the password to blank through DB Browser, as suggested here. TBM still does not allow us to log in.

Is there any other way to reset the password or to login? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

emoji
  • Hello, Ana,

If you reset password, you SHOULD be able to login with blank password. For example, user is Admin, password is blank (no spaces, nothing, just blank).

Can you please open database again and confirm that StoredPassword field in the PermissionPolicyUser table is indeed empty? Maybe, after clearing it, you didn't press button to commit changes to the database?

emoji