Using TM and/or SDL cloud NMT on translation Trados 2021

Hi,

I am new to trados and I am trying to get around it. I select the TM under all language pairs and/or SDL Language cloud, click ok. But it doesn't work. I return to settings and they are unclicked. I saw a few threads about a similar issue, but they were for older versions' Also, There is no box "Use different translation providers for this language pair". On the same note, when I click on Translation Memory, it doesn't show anything, it is blank. I am on a deadline and going crazy with these issues. Can anyone help me? Please?

Parents Reply Children
  • I have looked into guidelines and videos, but as I said, they are for previous versions

Generally there is little difference in how these work.  Trados Studio 2021 adds additional features for creating Cloud based projects but you can still do the same things, in exactly the same way, that you could in the previous versions.

There are things that I really don't understand

That's fine... keep asking your questions.  It's best to create a new thread for each NEW question so we ca make the answers as verified if they help you.  This makes it easier for other users who may have the same questions as you since they will find the question and the verified answer in one thread.

I really like that you are asking questions in here!

where I should be looking at the TM.

The view you are using at the moment is more of a maintenance view where you can see all the content in your TM.  If you look in here also pay attention to the fact this is "paged".  So you'll only see the first however many you set:

Screenshot of Trados Studio Translation Memory view with annotations explaining navigation through pages and setting the number of Translation Units per page.

If you want to see whether your TUs are being added as you work the best place is to see this in the TM as you translate:

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing unconfirmed translation segment with a note that nothing appears in the Translation Results window as the segment is not confirmed.

I confirm the segment (Ctrl+Enter) and then if I move back into this segment I can see the result coming from my TM:

Screenshot of Trados Studio with a confirmed translation segment and a note indicating that the translation has been added to the Translation Memory.

If this doesn't happen then you should go to your project settings:

Screenshot of Trados Studio Editor view with an annotation pointing to the Project Settings button.

Now navigate to the location of your TMs:

Screenshot of Trados Studio Project Settings window with an annotation guiding to check if the Translation Memory is enabled and the update box is checked.

Does this help?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:41 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]