Assign multiple translators to a single project

I would like to assign multiple translators to a single project so that they can work simultaneously on the same file. Assigning files by group instead of by individual user seems to allow all of the group users to access the document but only at different times (meaning, they cannot translate the document at the same time).
Without such a capability, I am not sure how to process projects with large volumes and short turn around times that require concurrent work by multiple translators.
emoji
Parents
  • I spoke to Trados support about this and was advised that I could "split" a project but this does not have any bearing on whether multiple linguists can work on a document simultaneously.

In the meantime, I heard it announced on Trados Elevate 2024 yesterday that a feature called "concurrent editing" is being developed, which does exactly what my question is addressing here. They did not state any timeline for that.

I still wonder how folks have been working on projects that require simultaneous work by multiple linguists? I guess those projects need to be done outside of the Trados environment and then uploaded piece by piece into the system (if at all)?

emoji
  • I spoke to Trados support about this and was advised that I could "split" a project but this does not have any bearing on whether multiple linguists can work on a document simultaneously.

In the meantime, I heard it announced on Trados Elevate 2024 yesterday that a feature called "concurrent editing" is being developed, which does exactly what my question is addressing here. They did not state any timeline for that.

I still wonder how folks have been working on projects that require simultaneous work by multiple linguists? I guess those projects need to be done outside of the Trados environment and then uploaded piece by piece into the system (if at all)?

emoji
Children