My Studio Trados 2022 Preview does not work, and my translation memory does not upgrade

Dear Trados Support Team,

After upgrading from Trados Studio Freelance 2019 to Trados Studio Freelance 2022 and finishing installation and licencing of my product, I found that the Preview is not working. I also tried to upgrade my translation memory several times with no avail. Accordingly Trados Studio 2022 cannot use it and use only that of the Cloud.

Would you please be so kind as to advise how can I solve these two problems i.e. the Preview error and the Translation Memory upgrade.

Kindest regards,

Noha Mostafa

emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi  

Thank you very much for your great support.

For the TM, I managed to upgrade my two main Translation Memories, but I still could not find my third corporate TM, which is similarly important. However, not all of the two upgraded TMs were completely upgraded as per the attached screenshot. I, therefore, appreciate if you could advise if there were any other steps required to be taken in this regard.Screenshot of a translation memory upgrade process in Trados Studio with a message 'The TM does not support FGA' indicating an error.

For the Preview, the live Preview window is still not functioning. It only generates a separate target file in Word as per the attached screenshots.

Screenshot of Trados Studio editor with a translation project open, showing the source and target segments, and a message 'External Word preview started.'

Screenshot of a Microsoft Word document with Arabic text and an image of a cityscape, indicating the output from Trados Studio's external preview feature.

Therefore, your help in this regard would be highly appreciated. In fact, this feature is exceedingly helpful in understanding the source file and speeding up my translation, when the live Preview window instantly updates as I proceed with the translation. 

Thank you very much for your kind help and time.

Best regards,

Noha

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:50 PM (GMT 1) on 15 May 2024]
Children