The existing leverage in my TMs is not being reflected in the analyses that I create with SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance

I use SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance and the existing leverage in my TMs is not being reflected in the analyses that I create. I am choosing the existing TM during the project creation but this doesn't seem to make any difference. The analyses that I get don't include a row for "Translation Providers". Other users seem to get the correct analysis using the same TM in SDL Trados Studio 2017 Professional. 

emoji
Parents
  • Hi  

Please correct me if I am incorrect in my assumptions, but

• You are performing "Translate Single Document"?
    • You do know that "Batch Task" of "Analysis" is not run automatically

As you describe, when you go to reports you are missing "Translation Providers"

Screenshot of Trados Studio's Analyze Files Report showing a summary with task 'Analyze Files', project 'Sample Project', and translation provider 'English-German.sdltrm' highlighted indicating a potential issue.

Please review the following steps:

1.Batch Task - Analysis Files
    2. Make sure your TM is listed as well as "Enabled" and ticked for "Lookup"
    Screenshot of Trados Studio's Batch Processing Settings with 'Translation Memory and Automated Translation' section showing 'English-German.sdltrm' enabled and ticked for 'Lookup'.

3. Unrelated, but check the Analyze File and Fuzzy Band settings
    Screenshot of Trados Studio's Settings under 'Batch Processing' for 'Analyze Files' with options for reporting repetitions and exporting segments checked.

4. When finishing, ensure its completed error free.
    If you see an error, please save it and let me know

Screenshot of Trados Studio's Finish screen indicating 'Analyze Files' task has been completed without errors.

I hope that these visual steps help clarify what to look for and that it gives you the results you need. 
    If it however does not match your workflow, or if its not clear please do let us know including some screen prints of your settings.

Thank you

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 3:47 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hi  

Please correct me if I am incorrect in my assumptions, but

• You are performing "Translate Single Document"?
    • You do know that "Batch Task" of "Analysis" is not run automatically

As you describe, when you go to reports you are missing "Translation Providers"

Screenshot of Trados Studio's Analyze Files Report showing a summary with task 'Analyze Files', project 'Sample Project', and translation provider 'English-German.sdltrm' highlighted indicating a potential issue.

Please review the following steps:

1.Batch Task - Analysis Files
    2. Make sure your TM is listed as well as "Enabled" and ticked for "Lookup"
    Screenshot of Trados Studio's Batch Processing Settings with 'Translation Memory and Automated Translation' section showing 'English-German.sdltrm' enabled and ticked for 'Lookup'.

3. Unrelated, but check the Analyze File and Fuzzy Band settings
    Screenshot of Trados Studio's Settings under 'Batch Processing' for 'Analyze Files' with options for reporting repetitions and exporting segments checked.

4. When finishing, ensure its completed error free.
    If you see an error, please save it and let me know

Screenshot of Trados Studio's Finish screen indicating 'Analyze Files' task has been completed without errors.

I hope that these visual steps help clarify what to look for and that it gives you the results you need. 
    If it however does not match your workflow, or if its not clear please do let us know including some screen prints of your settings.

Thank you

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 3:47 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children