Studio 2021 shuts down abruptly. No support. Defective product. Want refund.

I have purchased Trados Studio 2021 only two days ago and the software keeps shutting down abruptly. This has happened continuously since I have started working with it.

It is outrageous that I have to pay extra for support for a software that I have just purchased or write in forums as if it were an open source software. What a TERRIBLE customer service.

This is a DEFECTIVE product and I demand a prompt solution or a full refund and reinstatement of my previous 2017 license.

Parents
  • It is outrageous that I have to pay extra for support for a software that I have just purchased or write in forums as if it were an open source software. What a TERRIBLE customer service.

Who told you that you have to pay for support with an issue like this?  You do not.  I'll log the case for you now.

The forums are there for anyone who has not purchased a "Support & Maintenance" contract... in fact the forums are there for everyone.  The "Support & Maintenance" contract means you get to engage with a support engineer one to one with any technical questions/problems you have, and you get updates to the software included.

This is a DEFECTIVE product and I demand a prompt solution

There's no need to react this way.  The problem could just as easily be related to something on your machine that isn't the fault of Trados Studio at all.

Anyway... look out for the support case number and a support engineer will be in touch.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• It is outrageous that I have to pay extra for support for a software that I have just purchased or write in forums as if it were an open source software. What a TERRIBLE customer service.

Who told you that you have to pay for support with an issue like this?  You do not.  I'll log the case for you now.

The forums are there for anyone who has not purchased a "Support & Maintenance" contract... in fact the forums are there for everyone.  The "Support & Maintenance" contract means you get to engage with a support engineer one to one with any technical questions/problems you have, and you get updates to the software included.

This is a DEFECTIVE product and I demand a prompt solution

There's no need to react this way.  The problem could just as easily be related to something on your machine that isn't the fault of Trados Studio at all.

Anyway... look out for the support case number and a support engineer will be in touch.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Children